sixteen • hollywood

"Okay, I'm exhausted" I muffled out breathlessly.

"We are almost there" Jaxson smiled. "I have an idea," He said as he stopped in his tracks, and squatted down.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I laughed, watching him stand there squatting.

"Get on my back dumbass" He joked.

"Oh" I nodded my head, getting behind him and jumping on his back.

"How's that?" He asked as he continued to walk the path going uphill.

"Much better" I laughed.

I didn't know exactly where we were going but we were currently walking uphill and I knew we are close to the Hollywood sign.

"Okay we're here," he said breathlessly, pointing to the Hollywood sign from the lookout.

"It's beautiful" I exclaimed, hopping off his back.

I'll admit, it was cool to see but... I would far rather be in Billie's presence doing absolutely anything, then being here with Jaxson looking at the Hollywood sign.

"Have you ever been up here?" He asks, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Never" I shake my head.

"Spencer I have a question" his voice hesitant.

"Yeah?" I ask, turning my head up to face him.
His face got close to mine, and before I could process what was happening, his pressed lips were pressed against mine.
The kiss lasted a lot longer than I wanted it to before he finally pulled away, pressing our foreheads together.
"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

Shit.

I knew this was coming.

I have to say yes right?

I have to.

It'll be suspicious if I don't.

"Yes," I mumbled, him leaning in for another kiss, both his hands on my waist.

A few hours passed of us talking. Talking to him is nice and everything but compared to Billie he's just so...dry.

"I'll walk you in" he smiled as he pulled up to the house, unbuckling from his seat.

"That's okay you don't have to do that" I smile, giving him a peck on the lips to hopefully distract him.

"Now what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't walk you inside?" He smiled, stepping out of the rusty truck.

I let out a deep breath and opened up my door, him instantly attaching our hands together and walking me to the front door.

"Thanks for today," I said turning around before opening the door.

"Anytime beautiful" he smiled giving me another kiss.

god, why does he have to kiss me so much?

Just then the door opens and I pull away quickly, revealing Maggie standing there.

"Oh I'm sorry" Maggie apologizes.

"No worries" Jaxson smiles, pulling away from the kiss. "I'm Jaxson by the way," he says, holding out a hand as Maggie shakes it.

"Great to meet you" Maggie smiles.

"Alright well I'll see you on Monday," I say to Jaxson, quickly hugging him.

"Oh, why don't you stay for dinner?" Maggie asks politely.

"I don't know, I have to be home early" he shrugs.

"Dinner will be ready in five minutes, come on in" she steps away from the door.