thirty six • official

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes. I felt Billie's arms still wrapped around me and I let out a content sigh. Slowly I maneuvered out of Billie's arms, careful not to wake her. I picked up my phone and saw that it was 11:30 am.
I quickly threw on some sweatpants and called room service to bring us breakfast.

After brushing my teeth and hair, putting on a bit of makeup I heard a knock at the door. I opened it, seeing a tray with a huge variety of food. There were plates of fruit, breakfast burritos, pancakes, and waffles, all vegan of course. I brought the large tray of food to the bed and set it down as I started to brush my fingertips through Billie's hair gently. I watched as her eyes blinked open and closed a few times with a smile on her face. Finally, she fully opened her eyes and smiled at me sweetly. "Good morning beautiful" I whispered as I leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"Good morning" she smiled back, "what's that smell?"

I pulled her up and her eyes widened at the large tray of food. "Damn" she mumbled, making me chuckle softly. "You're too good to me," she said as she placed a kiss on my cheek.

About twenty minutes later we had devoured most of the food. Billie got ready and I changed into a fancier outfit than normal. Today was the day my siblings are getting adopted. The hearing was at 1 pm so we had a bit of time to drive there.

After we were ready the bellman took our luggage down and the valet driver brought us Billie's car. I was honestly too exhausted to drive so Billie drove. I prefer it that way anyway.

We pulled up to the courthouse and walked into the lobby seeing Grace, Jacob, Quinn, and Asher with smiling faces.

Asher spotted us first and shouted our names as he ran up to us and hugged us both. "Hey" I smiled, walking to the group. Quinn gave me a huge long hug, whining that I was gone for too long.

"Alright, it's time" Jacob announced.

The four of them walked up to the front of the courtroom as Billie and I took a seat in the front row. A few people I didn't know also joined us in the crowd before Billie's family walked in.
"What are they doing here?" I asked in shock.

"What do you mean silly? Obviously, they're here" Billie said.
I was a little nervous because the two families haven't met yet. They spotted us and came to the bench.
They all gave me hugs and I welcomed them with open arms.

"All rise" I heard someone announce. Everyone became silent and stood as the judge walked in.
Honestly not much of the hearing mattered except for the last thing the judge said before hitting the gavel.
"Quinn Miller and Asher Miller, I now announce you as Quinn Davidson and Asher Davidson."

Everyone stood and cheered as they took pictures with the judge.
Finally, we were all back in the foyer and I was hugging them all, happy tears streaming down my face.
Billies family made their way to us.
"Hey guys," I said with a smile.
"This is my sister Quinn and my brother Asher, and obviously Grace and Jacob" I introduced them, "Patrick, Maggie, Finneas, and Claudia." They all shook hands and greeted each other.

"Well we have to go but congrats to all of you," Patrick said. I hugged them all goodbye and thanked them for coming, but Billie still stayed.

An older male and female came up to Grace and Jacob, giving them hugs as well as the twins.
"Hi, grandma and grandpa" Quinn smiled.

"Hi sweetie," the woman said.

"Mom and dad, this is Spencer, the twins' sister," Jacob said. I shook their hands and smiled.

We went back to the house for a celebratory dinner. Grace, Jacob, Quinn, Asher, and Billie. They are family, they are home. Not only do I have one family but I also have Billies.

"Cheers to this being official" I smiled, holding up my cup of water while everyone tapped their glasses together.

A/N: I was gonna put the adoption in the last chapter but it didn't feel right after the smut 😂

Sorry, this was a hella short chapter but I didn't want to do a time slip in the middle of it so I promise the next chapter will be longer!