twenty nine • beginnings

"They went to sleep okay for you?" Jacob asks. Grace and him sitting on the couch.

"Yes, they were great!" I smiled, sitting on the couch across from them. "You wanted to talk?"

"Yeah. Spencer, we are so happy you're here and I am so grateful Billie reached out to us" Jacob said, "but we do want to set some ground rules."

"Yeah of course" I mumbled, starting to play with the ring on my finger nervously.

"But with that being said, If any of them seem unfair or unrealistic, please let us know" Grace added.

"Yeah of course. We want to be open and have good communication with you" Jacob nodded.

"Okay"

"So number one, when Billie is around, if you could just keep the PDA down"

"Of course" I chuckled softly.

"I would prefer if your door stayed open when she's here" Grace added shyly.

I instantly lifted my head, "can she stay the night ever?" I asked.

I watched as they gave each other a look and a pit in my stomach grew. "Look, we won't do anything. I've just gotten so used to being in the same bed as her. I find it extremely hard to sleep without her"

"Okay, sure" Grace nodded.

"Thank you"

"Next, you do live here now so if you could pitch in, that would be great. Just clean up your stuff and maybe help with dishes once a week"

"Guys, I can help with anything. I am hoping to find a job but of course, I'll help. I've lived in homes where I just fend for myself." I admit.

"Okay" Jacob nodded, "We know you're old enough to have freedom but if you could just tell us when you leave the house and when you'll be home, we'd appreciate it"

"Of course"

"Alright. We are new at this. We've never taken a teenager into our house so we don't know where to draw the line" Jacob admitted.

"It's okay, I've never had a solid home other then Billies. We can figure it out together." I shrugged.

"I like that" Grace smiled, intertwining her hand in Jacobs.

"And lastly, we want to enroll you to get your drivers" Jacob smiled.

"Wait really?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah, if you want."

"Of course I want! Thank you thank you!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, one more thing. Please try to keep it down after nine o'clock"

I nodded my head. "That's it?"

"Yep" Jacob smiled, "is there anything you want to ask us or tell us, maybe you have rules?"

"Wow," I mumbled.

No one has ever asked me what I wanted or if I had rules.

"Umm, please just don't come up behind me, it freaks me out. With my past and stuff, I don't know" I mumbled, looking down at the ground. "I guess just don't go through my stuff. Well you can, just preferably not my journals"

"Spencer, we'd never go through your stuff unless we were genuinely worried about you, but even then, we'd come to you first" Grace confirmed, Jacob nodding his head in agreement. "Do you want to tell us about your past?"

"Not yet" I shook my head.

"Fair enough."

"C-can I give you guys a hug?" I mumbled.