seven • stars

"I missed that food so much but damn I ate too fast" I sigh, pulling the lever and laying back my seat as far as it offers to go.

"Agreed" she chuckles, also leaning her seat back.

"I wish we could see the stars here." I exhale a breath. "One house I stayed at was out of the city. I watched the stars every-night"

"Yeah, I've only ever seen the stars a few times. I'm always in cities" Billie mutters, kicking her feet up on top of the steering wheel.

"One night we should drive out of the city and star gaze" I smile excitedly.

"Definitely" Billie smirks, tilting her head towards me.

My brown eyes meet her blues and I can't help but stare into them. Billie doesn't look away either, making my heart drop to my ass. Her eyes are piercing into my soul and all I want to do is lean forward and press her soft lips to mine.
What would it feel like?
How would she feel?

I swear to god Billies' eyes glanced down at my lips before she turned away.

"So.." I sigh, sitting back up straight.

"I should get you back before it's too late," she says but doesn't make an effort to move a muscle.

"Billie, it's Friday " I laugh.

"Oh, right" her eyebrows raise.

Just then my phone beeps. I reach into the cup holder and grab my phone.

Jaxson: You busy tomorrow?

Spencer: nope

Jaxson: Wanna have a study date?

"Hey Bil, do you have plans tomorrow?" I ask glancing down at the still laid-back girl, setting my phone down into my lap.

"Um, I have a meeting about tour plans. Why?"

"Would you be able to bring me somewhere?" I ask, watching her now invested in her phone as well.

"Yeah sure," she smiles.

Spencer: Sure. Name the time and place

Jaxson: 2 pm, public library?

Spencer: I'll see you there

"Does. 2 work?" I ask, setting my phone back in the cupholder.

"Yeah but where?" She furrows her brows.

"The library, I'm getting help in math" I sigh leaning my back against the cold leather of the seat.

"Oh, who's helping you?" She raises a brow.

"Some guy in my math class" I shrug.

"Oh," she nods lightly, focusing back down on her phone.

It's probably just me but I swear she sounded disappointed when I said a guy.

"Well, the beach is empty, wanna get outta the car?" She asks finally removing her feet from atop the steering wheel.

"Yes please, get me out of this trashy car" I laugh, opening up the door and walking towards the water.

"Don't you dare insult my mama like that" she shouts and starts playfully pushing me.

"Damn" I giggle, trying to fight back.
I end up barreling to the ground and I feel Billie on top of me.
I open my eyes and our faces are only an inch apart.
My entire face goes scarlet and my heart races so fast I'm sure Billie could hear it.