five • five minutes

"How was your first day?" Billie asks as I plop down in the car, setting my bag on the floor between my feet.

"Better than most first days," I smile, pulling the seat belt over myself.

"Yeah? Why's that?" She asks as she pulls out of the school parking lot.

"I don't know, people were nice for once," I shrug, pulling out my phone and scrolling aimlessly.

"I'm glad! So are you okay going to Finneas and Claudia's for a few hours?"

"Sure."

Billie turns up the music and she happens to play 'All The Time' by Jeremih. Let me tell you, hearing her sing along to those lyrics got me feelin' some typa way. She continues to sing along to hot ass songs all the way to their house. I catch myself staring at her way too hard and forcing my eyes away from her.

"Aight, we're here," she says, turning down the music. I follow her inside the large house and am immediately taken aback by how beautiful it is. I greet Finneas and Claudia but not soon after Finneas pulls Billie with him. "We're gonna head downstairs," Finneas announces.

"Okay have fun," I wave off Finneas and Billie. "What's downstairs?" I question Claudia.

"Finneas' studio, but tell me, how was the first day?"

"It was fine. I met a guy," I shrug with a small smirk on my face.

"Oh, spill!" Claudia claps excitedly, sitting down on the couch, patting the spot beside her.

"Nothing special. He was just really sweet and showed me to my classes. I got his number though," I explain, sitting next to her on the couch.

"What? Text him!" She exclaims.

"Claudia," I sigh, "I never stay in one place longer than three months, it's not a good idea for me to get attached to anyone. Not to mention he's also in the system," I frown at the last part.

"Spencer, you can't live your entire life like this. You're almost eighteen and after that, don't you have a choice where you're gonna live?"

"Well...yeah, but-"

"No buts!" She interrupts me, "just text him, maybe you'll just be good friends," she smiles.

Just then my phone buzzes. I slid my phone out of my pocket and open the notification seeing it was from him. Creepy.

Jaxson: Hey Spencer I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch together after your classes tomorrow?

The thing is, I don't know if I actually like him that much. I'm so caught up on Billie, but maybe this is good. I can't fall in love with my foster sister anyway, maybe he'll be a good distraction.

Spencer: Sure :)

"So he just asked me to have lunch with him tomorrow. Don't think it's a date though," I shrug

"Well, go and find out!"

"I will" I smile at her enthusiasm.

"Want to watch something? They could be down there for a while."

"Sure!"

We ended up watching a few episodes before I decide I want to head back to the O'Connell's house. "Good luck getting Billie out of the studio," Claudia jokes as I walk down the stairs.

I stop in my tracks the minute I hear Billies angelic voice through the speakers.
I hide behind the door and listen to the beautiful vibrations of her voice.