CHAPTER 3

-

Present

"Sir!"

Jeongguk huffed leaning away from Taehyung, who chuckled. The ravenette turned around with a blank expression, as he arched an eyebrow at the girl in a pantsuit, who was scurrying towards them, with an excited smile on her face.

Her tanned skin perfectly contrasted her yellow suit, along with the thin and elegant pearl necklace around her neck. Her little to no make up, complimented her natural, Tropical defined face; something that Jeongguk admired in her, that was not in the pale skinned, overly dramatic, and makeup freak Korean women, who were unfortunately the family of his acquaintances.

"Hello Miss Ch-" but before Jeongguk could complete his nonchalant sentence, the girl crossed him and stood excitedly clapping her hands to her mouth, in front of Taehyung.

"Oh my Gosh! I meet Vante!"

Jeongguk playfully rolled his eyes, as he watched her shake hands with a smiling Taehyung. "Secretar-"

"The Kim Taehyung... ah no! The King Taehyung!" She rambled, slightly jumping on her toes.

"Miss Chatterjee-"

"Oh my God... it all feels like a dream!" At this point she was practically squealing. A few irritated glances were thrown towards her, but she cared less. Jeongguk shook his head, holding her by her arm and pulling her back from Taehyung, who was quietly giggling. He was enjoying this.

"Quiet Meira!" Jeongguk whisper-shouted. Meira bit her tongue, as she gave an apologetic look to Jeongguk and Taehyung, "Sorry... I was just... very excited." She giggled as the two men smiled at her.

"When aren't you even excited?" Jeongguk muttered under his breath, which somehow reached her ears, making her raise a brow.

"Shut up, or you know what... I have a total right to call you Oppa..." She smirked as Jeongguk gulped not speaking any further.

"No, thanks.... I'm sorry." He uttered, watching as Meira hummed in satisfaction.

Taehyung just watched them in amusement. He never knew Jeongguk was some sort of a person, who would build certain sweet relationships, but he was proved wrong. Because here he was; the soon to be Chairman, shut up by his secretary, just over a small childish matter. And somehow it brought a genuine smile on Taehyung's lips.

Meira's suddenly gaped, "Uf! Ami toh bhulei gelaam! Finally as you're here... Congrats in advance! You are gonna do the best!"

"Thanks..." Jeongguk uttered with a small smile as his eyes twinkled slightly. Meira smiled turning her attention to Taehyung.

"You know what... you both just look perfect... and the photoshoot... the magazine... oh my gosh! You both are trending as the 'onscreen power couple of South Korea'! You both looked hot as fuck!"

"Thanks..." Taehyung murmured eyes flickering towards Jeongguk who was looking nothing but embarrassed.

"A perfect coupl-"

"I think dad might be calling you." Jeongguk gave an awkward laughter nudging Meira's shoulder, who immediately shut up, understanding the meaning behind his words.

"Oh yes... uhm! I think I should get going. Your father has arrived Taehyung-ssi... If you don't mind me calling you that." Taehyung merely nodded with a small smile as his cheeks were totally ablaze. Meira gave a small smile scurrying away from them.

"Got a good pal to hang around with...." Taehyung murmured, batting his eyelashes.

Jeongguk raised a brow, "Oh really? She will clean your brains away... she is a continuous blabber."