CHAPTER 28

-

Jimin panted, pacing throughout the corridor facing the Intensive Care Unit, where Jaebeom was admitted at the moment. The Parks along with all the Jeons were present there. 

Pilsoo was impatient, as he strolled right in front of the door wanting the doors to be opened and to be informed that his best-friend was fine.

Heejin was crying, as Mijeong ran her fingers through her hair softly; seated on the bench outside. 

Thin streams of tears ran down Somi's cheeks as she stared sightlessly at the floor, her head resting on Junghyun's shoulder. The two of them stood by the turning of the corridor, so that they stayed secluded from the others' eyes.

The doors were opened and the leading physician walked out. Immediately Pilsoo and Jimin strode up to him. Heejin sprang up running forward, "Is appa fine?" She asked gravely.

The doctor sighed, "We're trying Thrombolysis... But I think we need to perform Coronary Angioplasty to dissolve the blood clotting... " He explained shortly before walking past them. Heejin sighed shakily, placing her hand on her mouth. 

"Surgery?" Somi whispered, and Heejin looked behind herself, before nodding slowly.

"A minor one but yes..."

Jimin exhaled, quickly walking away from them before dialing Jeongguk's number again. But to no avail. His phone was switched off.

*

The silence was placid, yet their hearts were beating loudly against their ribs. Their naked bodies were pressed together under the sheets.

Taehyung's fingers softly combed through Jeongguk's hair, as the ravenette laid his head on his chest; his glum stare directed to the wall of the blonde's bedroom.

"You want to talk about it?" Taehyung mumbled softly, staring up at the ceiling. He felt Jeongguk breathing in deeply, as his hold tightened around Taehyung's waist.

"It's been twelve years precisely..." He started, "My mother couldn't accept it when dad brought in Heejin... We didn't know that he had a lover. We thought it was all smooth between our parents... But it was never so... My mother had tried forcing herself into the relationship but dad had someone else who had his heart." He sighed, "Till she was alive, Heejin lived with her in Busan, but after dad lost her because of brain cancer, he took in Heejin."

Jeongguk inhaled sharply when the memories clearly floated in front of his eyes.

"Then?" Taehyung whispered softly.

"I remember... that evening... she was standing behind dad timidly as she looked around at all of us. Somi is just half a year younger to her. And from the first she did not like her. Junghyun hyung... he remained nonchalant about it throughout the years. When dad broke it to us that Heejin was his lover's daughter... Everyone of us was shocked. But mom... she went hysterical. She could not accept her at all.

"I was shocked, but I could not blame it on the little girl. No one else did... but I... accepted her." He sighed shakily, "And that... was probably the biggest mistake I made and at the same time... didn't."

"What? Why would it be a mistake to accept her?" Taehyung frowned, looking down at Jeongguk, but in reply he got a silence, which Jeongguk broke after a few moments.

"My mother... she could not believe Heejin endeared to me. I was my mom's favourite..." He smiled half-heartedly, "After that... she lost herself... She became quieter than ever and I didn't even realize that she was slipping into depression." He sighed, looking up at Taehyung, who was gaping at him, "I lost her.... She... she poisoned herself." He whispered, tears again pricking at the corner of his eyes.