CHAPTER 21

-

And indeed. The night life in Paris was worth their time. Jeongguk had definitely missed this. He had come to the city more than fifty times in his life, but, never had the time to actually enjoy the beauty of the city.

But, life gave him a chance in the form of Taehyung. Maybe he would just say that the chance was to enjoy Paris, but, actually it was so much more that he didn't want to dwell with it. At least not at the moment. Not when Taehyung looked so damn beautiful, as he sang along with the ferry singers on the Seine.

"Jeongguk? C'mon!" Taehyung ushered him over, as he continued his rhythmic claps. The ravenette just shook his head, smiling a little and shrinking in his seat at the corner. This made Taehyung whine, before he grabbed his hand and pulled him towards himself.

"Whoa..." Jeongguk stumbled at the sudden act, as he landed beside Taehyung, who grinned, before continuing to sway his head from side to side and sing along.

The ravenette broke into a smile, before looking at the band of musicians and trying to get the rhythm. Once he did, he too copied Taehyung, as he clapped his hands, and sang along.

"You're good at this." Taehyung playfully bumped their shoulders together, making Jeongguk chuckle amidst the chorus.

"I'm good at a lot of things, Taehyung-ssi." He winked, laughing later and Taehyung broke into giggles, leaning his head on the other's shoulder.

Jeongguk looked at him, feeling his soft hair brushing against his neck, as a small smile rested on his lips. All he could think of was that this was not the Taehyung he had known. That person seemed like a mere illusion in front of this beautiful reality.

He gasped, when Taehyung was pulled away by a singer and made to stand, as she ushered him to dance with them. The brunette laughed, shaking his head, as he moved his body along the music.

"Hey young man! You too!" The girl yelled, pulling the ravenette up, who stopped his protests when he was pushed towards Taehyung.

"C'mon dance Mr. President!" He exclaimed with a huge grin, as he placed his hands on Jeongguk's shoulders.

The ravenette gave a bashful smile, his hands finding their way towards Taehyung's waist, as he pulled him closer.

"Like this?" He whispered, his voice dropping to a lower octave, which had Taehyung biting his lower lip, "Yeah..."

He turned around, with Jeongguk's arms around himself, pressing his back against his rigid chest, as he swayed slowly.

"Woo!" He yelled, throwing his head back on his shoulder and giggling later.

The ravenette chuckled, his focus solely on the brunette dancing gently in his arms. It was not Kim Taehyung, rather a child trapped in the body of a twenty-six years old.

He felt so lucky, having been able to witness this side of him, which was concealed to the whole world. And being one amongst the few people who knew the real him, made him feel special.

Then again, a thought caused his smile to fade. He would most probably never be able to see this Taehyung anymore. It was not like he disliked how Taehyung was on the other days, but, having this brunette in his arms like this, gave him an odd serenity and a sense of belonging to a rather carefree world.

He wanted this feeling to last longer. He desperately wanted to. He wanted to be selfish and just wanted this time to freeze forever. He couldn't be blamed though. His heart and body just craved for the warmth that he had wanted, that he had needed. And when he finally could feel this, he did not wish to part any time soon.