CHAPTER 23

-

Jeongguk sighed. It was the seventeenth time he heard Yoongi calling his name, as he politely knocked on the door to gain his attention. 

"Jeongguk... please..." This time he heard a softer voice and he knew it was Jimin. "Just listen to what he has to say... what we have to say..."

"And why should I?" Jeongguk chuckled sarcastically, keeping away his laptop and leaning back on the couch with his legs crossed. He knew his bitterness was more or less unnecessary, now that he had already talked to Jimin about it. But, the matter was Yoongi. He was still sour about him. 

"What did he do, huh?" He continued, standing up and walking towards the door, where the two were standing; Jimin looking at Jeongguk while Yoongi kept his gaze down. "What did he do to our friendship? I gave my all to what we had... and he couldn't fucking tell me about such a crucial thing?" Jeongguk snickered, looking at the older, "Or he didn't even consider our friendship as rea-"

"Mind your words Jeongguk..." Yoongi did not stay quiet this time. He looked at Jeongguk with his dangerous feline eyes and yet he managed to keep his calm. He took a step closer to the younger, who just narrowed his eyes at him.

"Say whatever you want to... About anything but the realness of our friendship." He muttered, his stare hard like the ravenette's.

"Then why didn't you consider me worthy enough to let me know?" Jeongguk whispered, the vulnerability partly revealed in his words.

"It's... it's not like that Gguk..." Yoongi sighed, looking away. Jimin just looked between the two. "I was not ready for your reaction when I would you tell you about me dating your husband." 

"Was it after our marriage?" Yoongi nodded to that, "Yeah..." Jeongguk could only sigh.

"And..." Jimin spoke up gaining Jeongguk's attention, "It was mainly my fault... I asked him not to tell you either... I didn't want us to be revealed... I didn't want to imagine my father's reaction.... and I still don't." 

"Your father was the reason why you did that to Taehyung, right?" Jeongguk said nonchalantly and noticed how Jimin gaped momentarily, before blinking his eyes and looking away from him.

"If your father truly loves you..." The ravenette murmured, "He'll love your life choices too..."

"But-"

"No buts or ifs Jimin..." Jeongguk cut him off blandly, "If you can tell your father about this... I can consider his apology..." He whispered, looking back at Yoongi.

"Fine..." Jimin mumbled after a while of silence, when he noticed the fiery stare between the two best-friends.

"I'll tell him... But then... you have to make things between you both go back to as it was earlier..." Jimin explained, to which Jeongguk just hummed and turned around. "Now you can leave. I've to prepare for Heejin's birthday..." 

He sighed and rubbed his temples with his index and thumb, "Never knew I would meet you here though..." He gritted out, so that only his own self could hear it. He would not have come to the apartment to dress up then. Because he still was not sure about how to react around Yoongi. 

He thought that he did a wonderful job to make him understand that he was still angry and disappointed in him, but actually it was neither. He was hurt. He knew it was not a big matter, but he actually could not believe that Yoongi would hide something... anything from him. He had always trusted the older with all ups and downs of his life, but it hurt to know that the older did not.

"Jeongguk..." He closed his eyes at that feeble call. He then felt a palm on his shoulder, "We will be there, right?"

The younger sighed, looking back to find Yoongi looking at him solemnly. "What do you think?" He murmured. It was stationary for a moment before Yoongi smiled faintly and plunged forward, bringing Jeongguk in a firm embrace. The ravenette could not resist in any way. Yoongi was a part of his life anyway. An important one at that. He hugged him back, gulping the sore lump in his throat.