CHAPTER 24

-

"Can't believe it Taehyung... It's been over a month since you became acquainted with Jeongguk... yet I never had a chance to talk to you? Such a shame..." Lisa complained, hitting the peach-haired male's shoulder playfully.

"Just the same..." Hoseok shrugged, "But what can we do? Our lives are so drudging already that we never get a chance to hang out." He sighed, leaning back on the chair he was sitting on, as he sipped from his whiskey.

"Exactly... Like I returned to Seoul yesternight..." Lisa huffed, placing her arms on the table around which four of them were sitting; Taehyung, Lisa, Hoseok and Meira. They chose to sit away from the wild group of youngsters inside the club and so they were seated in a placid environment that was the terrace. Occasional serve of brandy and barbequed beef, along with the cool breeze hitting their faces just made them feel as if the heaven graced them.

"I had to meet my family back in Bangkok... I can't even spare them much time nowadays..." She trailed, stuffing a neatly sliced piece of bulgogi into her mouth with a fork.

Taehyung laughed, "Literally... I can't even spare a bit of time to myself..." 

"You don't have time for yourself, you say? But you have time for Jeongguk?" Meira elbowed him with a cheeky grin. 

"Well... that I do..." Taehyung shrugged, winking slyly. This earned a round of laughter from the others.

"Now enough talks about me... Tell me about you both... How did you fall, huh?" He teased, taking the last bite of his dish before placing the knife and fork down.

"I had fallen long ago..."  Hoseok smiled dreamily, looking at Lisa, who shot him a shy glance, before hitting his chest lightly.

"Child crush?" Meira scrunched up her nose, "Cringey..."

"Shut up you brat!" Hoseok gave him a forced smile. "No one asked you."

"Well that sounds interesting..." Taehyung chimed, "Carry on..."

"I came to know about this just yesterday... Would you believe that?" The chestnut-haired girl stated, with a look of disbelief.

"Woah... you hid well Mister..." Taehyung jested, playfully scrutinizing Hoseok, before they broke into synchronized laughter. 

"Had to..." Hoseok shrugged pursing his lips, that showed his dimples. "Back then... when I thought I could confess... it was a bit too late... y'know?" He trailed off, sighing later. He knew he did not need to continue his statement, because they already had got the implication.

"But I just ignored it... I considered it the result of my cowardice and... that phase has ended..." The brunette immediately clarified and Lisa joined in.

"Yeah... it was nothing serious... Because feelings weren't involved."

Taehyung just nodded, looking down as he tried to maintain his smile. It suddenly felt so awkward. Sitting with Jeongguk's previous bond, talking to her informally; the thought had not crossed his mind till now.

"You were so foolish... lol..." He heard Meira say before laughter rang out. But he suddenly felt his throat getting dry, as he focused on his hands resting between his thighs.

"Taehyung?" He felt a hand on his shoulder and immediately looked up at Lisa, who was looking at her with something in her eyes that was not the least close to confusion.

"Can I talk to you?" She whispered, to which Taehyung just stared at her for a few moments before- as if brought out from his stupefied state- he nodded.

They raised to their feet, before excusing themselves and the two cousins nodded in synchronization. 

Before they walked off to the edge, they faintly heard a few words from Hoseok, "Wait... Did you say lol out loud?"