CHAPTER 17

-

Taehyung's eyes fluttered open, as light hit them, and they landed on the sight he never thought he would see the first in the morning. His hands curled on his pillow, as he stared at the person facing him.

That person being none other than Jeongguk.

The ravenette was looking at him, with cautious eyes, and a small smile formed on his lips, when Taehyung stared back at him. The silver haired wouldn't say he didn't feel the warmth of Jeongguk's grip around his naked waist, below the sheets covering their lower bodies.

They had never woken up to each other's faces ever before. It was either that they slept on the same bed but far from each other, or either of them would wake up to an empty bed. Today being the exception for the first time.

"Good morning..." Jeongguk rasped. But, Taehyung just kept staring at his eyes, which held him captive. He did not even budge, when Jeongguk tightened his hold around Taehyung. They just stared at each other. And this stare was so different from the ones they had shared earlier. It was soft and warm.

Taehyung blinked a few times, as he looked away finally, before turning around, and gripping the sheets tightly, as he sightlessly stared at the wall before him. He felt Jeongguk's body, pressing up from behind him, before he felt his hand circling more around Taehyung.

"Jeongguk..." Taehyung murmured, his voice holding a caveat, but, Jeongguk did not move away, instead placed a soft kiss on his shoulder.

"Let go... it's late." Taehyung sighed, closing his eyes.

"Just a while..." Jeongguk hummed, spooning the other further, who just stayed silent and let him. His eyes opened again, as the flashes of last night crossed like a train in front of his eyes.

He suddenly sat up, sliding Jeongguk's hand off of himself, before placing his feet on the floor, but, was prevented from moving any further, by a grip on his wrist. He looked back, to find Jeongguk, sitting up, as he looked at Taehyung with a sharp gaze.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I need to bathe..." Taehyung said, trying to sound casual.

"Later..." Jeongguk murmured, pulling at his hand, making Taehyung stumble back and fall back on the mattress.

The silver-haired sighed, looking at him, "Jeonggu-"

"Trying to flee?" The ravenette cut him off curtly, as he tilted his head to the side, "You think that will work?" 

Taehyung's jaws clenched, as he breathed heavily, when he registered the words coming from Jeongguk. The words coming from his saviour and he could never deny that. 

He could never forget Jeongguk's face when he hit that guy; his face contorted in anger as he threw each punch on his face, and his yells and actions showing the raw worry he had for Taehyung; the way he looked at Taehyung, as if it was all his fault and guilt was the only thing that shone in his eyes. Taehyung could never forget that. Even if he would be in the depths of lightheadedness, he could never forget the Jeongguk from yesterday.

"Thank you so much Jeongguk..." Taehyung whispered, looking away from him, his lashes fluttering to brush away the pricking tears.

"Hey..." Jeongguk sighed, cupping the other's cheek, to make him look at his face, and Taehyung bit his wobbling lip, as Jeongguk scooted closer towards him.

"Don't thank me..." The ravenette mumbled, pressing their foreheads together and Taehyung could care least for their morning breaths.

"I couldn't even do anythin-"