pr'logue

"Hello, Mr. Jeon. Yes... we will be there soon. Yes, Jeongguk is just finishing some important work. We'll positively be there by eight."

The brown-head cut the call with a sigh, as he turned around from the window and started walking back to his desk. The sound of his shoe-heels made a thudding sound on the maple-wood floor, every time he placed his foot on it.

"This Jeongguk... The fuck is he doing?" He muttered to himself, resting his hands on his glass desk.

*

The ravenette placed a kiss on the girl's shoulder, as he backed off and she rested herself on the bathroom counter, panting heavily. She looked at her wrecked self in the mirror, and his smirking reflection behind her.

He buttoned up his black shirt, brushed back his fringes, as he walked out of the bathroom, whistling, as if nothing had happened, a minute ago. Well, they did not have sex this time so, yeah.

He walked to the glass wall, which outlooked the sky scraper and tall building filled city, as he took out a cigarette and placed the exotic black stoke in between his thin lips, in a way which was highly alluring and inviting.

He lit it up with his lighter and let a small puff of smoke rise up in the air as, he took a toke of it and held it lightly between his slender, ringed middle and fore-fingers.

The door of his private bathroom opened, after a few minutes, revealing the girl, whom he just tortured, but, the girl couldn't just not love the stinging pain. She walked to the large glass table, in the centre of the room, not once faltering in her graceful steps.

She adjusted her slightly disheveled hair and proceeded to take her purse, hanging from the swivel chair behind it. But then, her eyes then landed on the ravenette by the glass wall. She opened her purse and brought out her compact, applying it lightly on her forehead and cheekbones.

"Nervous?"

The ravenette smirked letting out a puff of smoke, as the girl said this, while applying a bit of red paint on her full lips.

"You expect me to be nervous for... just a simple business party? Lisa? Out of everyone, you should know that it can never happen." He uttered, his voice deep and low, yet a playful edge to it. He snickered, placing the cigarette back between his lips.

The girl shrugged, finalizing her look, as she put the lipstick case back inside her purse and placed it on the desk.

She then walked to him slowly and stood a feet away from him, staring out at the city.

"It's not just a business party Jeongguk. Today you will officially be announced the Chairman and Chief executive of 'Jeon Jaehwan Fashion Group of Industries'. It's normal to be nervous." She ended, with a wave of her hand.

Jeongguk chuckled darkly, "Nervousness..." He murmured, but, Lisa heard him loud and clear.

"I was born and brought up to take that place..." Jeongguk motioned his hand towards the other wing of the tall complex, through the glass wall.

Lisa looked at the direction. She knew that, the top floor of that wing of this company complex, holds the office of the Chairman, which was presently Sr. Jeon, that is, Jeongguk's father, Jeon Jaebeom.