CHAPTER 33

-

Taehyung had slowly given up on his happiness after losing Jimin. He thought that he could cope up with his mother's death but Jimin... not him. He had been a crucial part of Taehyung's life when he had just started stepping into the real world and his only support was snatched away when Jimin left.

His father was promoted as the Head of the Chest department back in Daegu and he had decided to shift to Seoul, so that Taehyung had bigger opportunities in his life. Only if he knew what the once cheerful boy was going through. But he was clueless. He just knew Taehyung was happy when, after a drudging day at the hospital he returned to Taehyung's smiling face, greeting him.

But the lone boy, was hurting from inside. He dreaded stepping inside his new school, since just his second day. His first day was absolutely horrific. His father had said that this school was a very prestigious institution for boys, but those tall, quiet and arrogant boys, were actually monsters. 

They had asked Taehyung so sweetly that what his father's job was. When he told them about his father's profession gladly and with a small smile, he did not expect them to drag him up to the washrooms after the end of school and beat him up till he was barely breathing. 

They called him and his father names. Said that he was not of their standards and did not deserve to be in an 'elite' school like them. Taehyung was thankful that his father did not return till midnight that day. He was able to cover up his wounds well and cry himself to sleep.

He only ever wondered what wrong he had done, from that day onwards. What did he even do to receive such harsh treatments from boys double his size? He just wanted to forget about Jimin, but every time, they left him beaten up, he just wanted his best-friend to hold him and tell him that he was okay, and that his present life was just a nightmare.

*

Taehyung wept silently, as he sat on the pavement beside his favourite cherry blossom orchard. He looked down at his favourite shirt that his mother had given him. It was now slightly torn. He hated those boys.

He heard someone hiss, but he did not look up, until heard that hiss again. He looked up and found a boy staring at him, smiling when he saw Taehyung finally give him a glance. 

"Hey!" He waved his hand, gesturing beside Taehyung, "Can I?" 

The brunette looked at him with his innocent doe eyes, before nodding slowly, trying to smile at the polite boy, almost his age. He was wearing a uniform and Taehyung's school did not have a uniform dress code. So, he guessed that the other was from a neighbouring school.

"Why are you crying, Sweetie?" The older boy asked him, frowning in concern as he raised his hand up and patted Taehyung's hair who flinched slightly, before smiling at the warm gesture. 

"Those boys..." Taehyung sniffled, looking down and tugging at his shirt, "They tore the shirt my mom gave me..." He felt his eyes blurring again and heard a huff from the other.

"They are assholes!" The stranger boy said and immediately clicked his tongue looking at Taehyung who had his eyes widened, "No! That's bad mouthing... you don't say that... right kid?" The older said, as if he himself was some old man. Taehyung found himself giggling, as he wiped his tears and shook his head. 

"Good boy..." The older smiled and extended his hand forward, "I'm Kim Seokjin... and you?"

The boy sniffled and connected their palms together, "Kim Taehyung..."

"Oh my God!" The older gasped, cupping his cheeks, "You Kim! Me Kim! We both are brothers man!" Taehyung laughed at this and nodded vigorously. 

"I live in Cheongdam..." Seokjin informed and Taehyung hummed in acknowledgement, "I live in Apgujeo-"