CHAPTER 22

-

Taehyung blinked steadily, as he stared at Jeongguk's sleeping face from the side. His cheek was pressed on the ravenette's shoulder, while he hugged him from behind.

Jeongguk was snoring softly, as he slept with his lips parted. A smile formed on the brunette's lips. He looked so peaceful. He reached his hand up, running his fingers through his soft hair. He giggled to himself when the other did not even budge.

It was so rare for Taehyung to wake up to the other's sleeping frame, beside him. He would mostly be gone when he woke up. It was so rare to see that beautiful and youthful face, which remained relaxed and not furrowed in a professional and arrogant facade.

He sighed, drawing his hand back down and letting it circle around Jeongguk's bare stomach. 

The previous night... felt so good. Jeongguk felt so good. He took care of him. He made him feel so good. He made him feel so... overwhelmed.

And the fact that Taehyung gave into it, didn't make him feel the regret up until now; until now, as he stared at the other with a look of guilt, vulnerability and extreme realization.

What even was he doing? What even did he let happen last night? He shouldn't be lying in the same bed as Jeongguk's, where they had their second round of conventional sex, as they devoured the taste of each other's lips as if it was their last. He shouldn't stare at his handsome, sleeping face. He should not be hugging him from behind like that, nor should he have the other's shirt around his tired frame.

No. Taehyung shouldn't and he knew. He knew all too well, but, still he couldn't. He could not help himself from holding the other closer, as he wrapped his hand around his bicep and buried his face in his bare shoulder.

He flinched slightly when he heard the other humming and squirming lightly in his sleep. The brunette was instantly moving his body away from the other, in the fear of getting caught. Getting caught, doing something he should not but still he just couldn't stay away.

And now, he would do the thing he was best at. Let the fear and insecurities crawl up to his brain and do something stupid.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk murmured, clearing his throat to get rid of the rasp in his voice, as he turned over to face the brunette with sleepy eyes.

"You're awake already?" He stretched, as a lazy grin formed on his face. Taehyung gulped looking away, as he hurried to get the blanket off his body and leave the bed. But Jeongguk was quick to stop him from leaving.

"Hey... where are you going?" He mumbled, gripping his wrist and pulling him back, for the brunette to lean against him. He immediately sat up, clearing his throat.

"It's late and I have my flight." He stated, looking anywhere, but, Jeongguk.

"Your flight's past noon Taehyung and it's barely even morning." The ravenette reasoned, as he sat up, frowning at the other's odd body language.

"So what? I have to... I have to pack everything up and get ready." Taehyung excused himself, as he tried pulling away from Jeongguk's grip, but to no avail.

"Can't you stay... a bit more?" He mumbled softly, really hoping that the other would listen. Quite odd? It was. It definitely was, for him to wish for something like that.

Taehyung sighed, looking back at him with a hard face.

"Why would you want that?" He mumbled through gritted teeth, which seemed to take Jeongguk aback. The brunette took this chance to pull his hand away and he immediately stood up.