Chapter 3 - The No-Friend-Zone

Present

"Hey me and the others are grabbing a drink in the city later, do you want to join us?" Milo asked, walking over to me as everybody was packing up their stuff, ready to leave the studio and call it a day, but what he didn't know was, that I wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon. This was my home, this was where I felt safe and anyway, I had a lot of training to catch up on after missing so much this morning. I looked up at him, as I was taking a stretching break, so the others wouldn't notice that I would really stay longer than them. I learned to not tell the others how much time I actually spend in the studio, but mostly because they would think I was a freak. Actually, I couldn't argue with that. 

I stared at him, amazed by how stubborn he was being. He just wouldn't give up, would he? What did he even want from me, it wasn't like I showed much personality for now, I wasn't an interesting person and I had been nothing but rude to him. I looked away from him again, facing myself in the mirror and feeling the pain in my feet and legs as I stretched, but I breathed into it and continued my workout. Maybe then he would realize, that I was not interested in making friends here. I just didn't have time for that and...the energy. 

"No thank you. I'll stay here a little longer" I said, before I got up, fixing my posture and getting into position, ready to rehearse a few dance steps I had tried to manage all day. It was already dark outside, but I mean, it was also winter, so that was normal I guess. But Milo didn't leave, he watched me with a smile, before he sat down, being quiet. I glanced to the side, irritated as to what he was doing, as I was already in position, arms up, legs tense, every muscle in my body ready to dance, but I just wanted him to leave. 

"Can I help you?" I asked, knowing how rude I was being, but I was tired, I was annoyed, this guy was getting on my nerves and I needed him to know. But he just smiled that damn charming smile, as he leaned back, opening his man-bun and combing through his hair with his fingers, shaking it a bit, so it was falling into the beautiful mess I had met him with, before he shrugged.

 "Well I personally think you could use some company. I don't want to force you out to have fun, even though it is your first day here and we should all celebrate that, but you also can't force me to leave the studio. Don't worry, I will be quiet, you won't even notice I'm here" he said smugly, knowing that that is not what I had wanted. 

I clenched my jaw, glaring at him. Asshole. That was the only word that came to mind while looking at him. Oh how nice of him to not drag me out of here against my will, sitting me in a loud and crowded bar, even though...yeah I didn't like that idea at all. I was quiet and an introvert, the idea of sitting in a bar with new people, who wanted to talk to me seemed like hell. I used to like clubs and bars, just crowded places where I had some interesting conversation but now, I just wanted to dance and maybe get a bit of sleep. But I also didn't want him to sit in here. It was true, I couldn't tell him to leave, this wasn't my space, but he was disturbing me nevertheless. 

But I wouldn't give up that easily and just follow him like a lost puppy. Fine, he wanted to stay and watch me dance? He could do that, I would just pretend like he wasn't there at all. So I took a deep breath, cracking my neck like I wasn't fazed at all and would simply start dancing soon. I imagined the music leading me, even though there was none playing at the moment. Normally I could do that just fine, I really could. It didn't matter who or what was around me, when I danced I was by myself and happy. But now I caught myself glancing over at Milo, who smiled at me, watching and waiting for me to start dancing. 

"I may not be able to make you leave, but I can ask you to stop staring at me" I groaned through gritted teeth. I couldn't do it like this, I needed him gone. Milo pressed his lips together, before he nodded. "True, very true. I'm sorry for staring. Go on" he said, turning his gaze away from me and searching in his bag for something. Oh...well then, that should work. Though I was sure he wouldn't keep his promise and spear a glimpse once in a while, it was as good as it would probably get it here with him, so I sighed, trying to concentrate again.