Chapter 39 - Strange Goodbyes

Milo's PoV. 

I stared at Henry's lifeless body there on the ground in front of me, my lungs unable to breath and my heart not ready to beat yet again, before I started sprinting. I fell to my knees next to him, the tears streaming from my face, but I was in shock, I didn't even realize that I was crying. "No...No no no no Henry NO! NO! Henry!! Henry look at me! Henry!!" I yelled, taking his face between my hands. His eyes were closed and there was blood streaming from the wound in his head. He already felt so cold...so lifeless. "Call an ambulance!!" I yelled at Josh, even though...this couldn't be happening, no, t-this couldn't be it, it couldn't be too late, no! 

But Josh didn't move. He just stared at me and Henry, his eyes wide in shock and he didn't even breath. There were strange and low sounds coming from Henry and I didn't know if it was him trying to survive or his last sounds before he would completely leave this earth, but I had to try, I needed to try and so I took off one of the pieces of fabric I had on my wrists due to still wearing my costume, pressing it against his head, where h-he had..he had s-shot himself. I turned around to see Josh still not moving. He was in shock. "Call a fucking ambulance!!" I yelled from the top of my lungs, sounding hysterical as my voice broke and Josh gulped, tears burning in his eyes. He had not expected this...

"Fuck...fuck fuck Henry no, come on, if you are still there, if you can hear me, stay with me, Henry my love please...please please please!" I begged as I fumbled for my phone, quickly dialing 911 while still pressing against his wound.

 And from there on out, everything was a blur.

I remember talking to somebody on the phone about what the situation was, where we were and they instructed me to check for some vital signs on Henry, which was hard and traumatic and I wanted to throw up and cry, but I needed to be strong. I didn't know if there was any chance that Henry would survive or if he was even still alive, but I would never forgive myself if I wouldn't have tried. I stayed there on the ground and waited for the paramedics to arrive as I bawled my eyes out. I pressed against the wound on his head, hoping to stop the bleeding but it seemed impossible. There was just so much blood...so much blood. 

Josh slowly sank down to his knees, as he kept staring at the scene before him. He really didn't think Henry would do it. But I didn't give one shit about this fucking pathetic asshole, if I wasn't busy trying to save Henry's life, I would have killed him then and there. Because he was the reason Henry had picked up that gun. He was the reason he had shot himself in the head and he was the reason that he wasn't breathing right now. It felt like ages that we were waiting for the paramedics and when they finally arrived, they pushed me aside and quickly brought Henry to the next Hospital. 

With my hands covered in blood I ran after them, leaving Josh where he was, as I followed them with a taxi to where they brought my angel, since they wouldn't let me be in the ambulance with him. It would have apparently been too traumatic. When I rushed into the hospital after them, I saw how they were pushing Henry away and they had to stop to try and revive him. I will never forget it. How they put the defibrillator on him and then he was getting shocked. How his body violently shook upwards and they tried it again and again. My heart had stopped with Henry's. Until they finally got a signal and they quickly rolled him into surgery. 

It lasted about 10 hours and I sat through them all outside in the waiting room. After a while, Chloe, Soo, Thomas and Adrian showed up, who heard about this in the news...They had wondered where we had snuck off to and now they saw me here in the waiting room, covered in blood and crying my eyes out. Chloe hugged me, letting me sob against her chest, as everybody else was rubbing my back, supporting me, even if they too tried to hold back their cries. They didn't know...of course they didn't. I wasn't able to tell them everything, I didn't know if Henry would want me to, I just told them he did it because of Josh...and that I loved Henry. I was blaming myself.