Chapter 38: Epilogue

Giavonni Pov
3 Years later

"Mommy, I'm hungry." Gelani says to me from on my lap. We were watching Coco.

"Okay, let's go tell your mommy." I said, she jumped off my lap and took off running towards the kitchen. She's three and growing every day now.

Sameerah walked from the kitchen with Lani in her arms just smiling away.

"She's hungry, are you hungry too?" She's asked.
I smiled and shook my head yes.

"What do you want? Because she wants a grilled cheese." She rolled her eyes, Gelani loved grilled cheese, Sameerah does too but Dairy doesn't sit well with her stomach and I don't think it sits well with Lani's either but like mother....like daughter. She's trying to get them both to stop eating it.

"I want grilled cheese too." I laughed

"Okay, then I guess we're all having grilled cheese. Do my babies want soup too?" She asked.

"Yes mommy." Gelani said while wrapping her arms tighter around Sameerahs neck.

I just shook my head and the two went back into the kitchen.

It's been three years since all that shit happened and it's been peaceful since. We decided to stay in Newport and we moved in our house. Sameerah actually closed the store and became a freelance makeup artist. She said it was just something to do but I think she loves it more than she likes to admit. Even though she doesn't have to work, I don't mind her doing it. It gives her something to do. Business is always going to be business when it comes to me. No, I'm not doing what I use to but I did invest in some stocks, and Yandel and I also invested in a few businesses. I've made so much money in the little amount of time I've been on this Earth. My family is set for life. Plus, whatever my Dad leaves....I'm cracking up because my Dad always says the money I make him goes back to me. So imagine that. I'm happy to be done with that shit.

I'm the happiest I've ever been and so is Sameerah. I make sure I check on her and love on her how she needs me too. She experienced a deep depression once we finally settled down and that was one of the hardest things I ever witness. I never want to see her that broken again. And still, in front of everyone but me she saved face. She was still strong for Gelani, she was still very strong for our family and in some moments she stayed strong for me. I don't know what my life would have been without this woman, but it would in no shape or form compare to this one. I know I've made some mistakes in my lifetime, between the money, the drugs and playing God by taking so many lives but still God found some forgiveness in me and blessed me with Sameerah. That's how I know there is a God. I don't know what else he has in the works for us but I'm so excited to see.

Gelani running from the kitchen and up to me says, "Mommy, mommy, Momma said come eat lunch with us."

I laughed at her excitement and kissed her forehead, "Okay, let me get up." She takes my hand and leads me to her mother.

The end.