Chapter 19: Peace.Love.Happiness

Sameerah's Pov

Sameerah's Condo, 4:35am

I laid across my bed drawling out designs for my new collection. The Peace.Love.Happiness collection inspired by my growth and what colors reminded me of those three elements. Soft pinks, blues and yellows with a hint of green, with the symbol for each included in every piece in some way. Whether it was a heart painted on a jean jacket or a peace sign printed on a jumpsuit, a sock or whatever the item is.
In almost two years in Arizona I learned how to acquire peace. I learned that everything didn't have to bother me like I allowed situations and minor setbacks often to do so. I learned how to calm my thoughts and insecurities, because without doing that, the stress of life and my past would cloud my mind and my insecurities would drown me. I just learned that when you have peace all throughout yourself, you did well. You did better at moving through life.
Love. I found love within myself first. I started to love who I was. I forgave myself for all my mistakes and stopped dwelling on them and then I started to love my appearance. I loved my skinny long legs, they were sexy and soft. I loved my strong curly hair that I could barley control and I loved all the left over dark marks and bruises from past trauma. Everything I spent most of my time hating, I learned to love. While in Arizona, I met Giavonni and fell madly in love. That was something I never thought I would have the privilege of doing. Gia made me feel like I was timeless. No matter if I was all dressed up or in sweats and my hair was all over my head, Gia always let me know that I was beautiful. When we would argue, I would get all worked up and sometimes disrespectful, Gia would calmly bring me back down without lowering herself to my level, disrespecting me back or even yelling at me. Which was the mature side of her and that helped me grow as a person. I would be left humbled and calm. Gia never made me feel small, or worthless. These are just a few things but in a way, Gia made me love myself even more because through it all, Gia's love for me never changed or altered, unless it was getting stronger.
     Last but not least, happiness. I never really felt any emotions. Well, I did but no good ones. Most of the time I felt guilt and sadness, maybe a little regret here and there. But, I've been feeling, happiness more than anything. For once, I was happy with my life, with my decisions and with who I was becoming as a person. I had to find happiness within myself before I could find happiness within anything else and that's what I've done since I've been in Arizona.

6 O'Clock in the morning, Wednesday

By the time I finished my sketches, it was time for me to get up, but I decided to take a break from the store today and relax. I wanted to go to the spa, I was due for a Brazilian wax, and a facial. I was going to add on a massage as well. I wondered if maybe my Fiancé wanted to come too. I grabbed my phone to text her and see if she was awake, this is early for her but sometimes she's up. She didn't hit me back right away, so figured she was still sleeping. She'll call me when she's up.

     I got up and went to my home gym and started working out. My hips were starting to curve more and spread, I thought it looked good so I did my best to keep my stomach small. I still ate like six grown men. I was not doing any dieting, that's a dub. I worked out for about a hour and a half, and I felt good. I took a shower and throw on some cute denim shorts that showed some of my little cakes, a Christian Dior t-shirt with matching sneakers and clutch. I did my makeup and threw on my 30 inch bone straight wig. I laughed to myself, I looked good as fuck. Gia told me she didn't want to go to the spa, she had a taste for tacos....again. I wanted to go to the spa but tacos did sound good. I told her I would drive, I hopped in my trunk in went over to her place.

Gia's Condo

I got off the elevator and I heard laugher. I hear Gia, Del and some unfamiliar voice.