Chapter 16: 90 Days

Sameerah's Pov

Gia's Condo, 12:13am

Wow, I just got engaged and had my engagement party. I'm going to be the real Mrs. Zanotti. I scored the woman of my dreams. I hit the button on the remote and opened up the skylight in Gia's bedroom, I could see the moon and the sky clearly. I wish there wasn't so much light pollution in the city because then I'd be able to see the stars but my view was still good. I was laying in between her sheets naked, just looking up. I was so comfortable, I moved my arms and legs all over the sheets because it felt good on my skin. Gia was in the living room taking a business call, I don't know what's going but I learned not to ask questions. Once I told her I wanted to stop doing jobs, she allowed me to but if it was something heavy she had no choice but to pull me in. She trust me with her life and would bet any amount of money on me and I respect it.

"What are you doing?" She asked, coming in smiling.

"Nothing, just waiting for you to get in bed. Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being everything I ever needed." I admired my big ass ring. She has taste.

"No thank you for turning me into someone I never knew I could be, and for the better."

She crawled onto bed getting behind me, spooning my backside.

"I love you." She said into my ear.

"I love you more." I rolled over facing her, placing a kiss on her lips and her nose. I'm about to plan my wedding.

Gia's Pov

I'm so happy she said yes, there was no doubt in my mind that she wouldn't but if she did, I was going to kill her because nobody else can have her. I've never felt more completed in my life. I've never had to want for nothing or work for anything. Everything was handed to me effortlessly and I valued nothing because I felt like everything could be replaced. But I had to work for Sameerah, I had to understand her worth and realize I couldn't replaced her. She's mine forever and this is the happiness and fulfillment I've always searched for.

"How do you feel?" My Dad asked.

"I don't even know how to explain this feeling. It's like I'm overwhelmed with joy."

"I thought I'd never see the day you settle down. I can look at her and tell she's the one for you. I'm proud of who you've chosen." He said sincerely.

"Thanks Dad. This is the first time I've ever loved someone as much as I love her. It's a crazy feeling."

"I know, I felt the same way when I married your Mom."

"Did you ever step out on her?" I asked.

"Never. Before we were married yeah. She found out and she shot me. I almost died."

"And you stayed with her?" He was crazy as hell.

"I sure did. Because I made her feel that way, pain like that is sometimes pain you can't come back from. Some say I might be crazy for being forgiving her but I loved her. But she forgave me and I forgave her."

"Once you got married did you step out on her?"

"Hell no. Yeah, there's a lot of temptation in this world, but I never was lead by it. Once you get married, it's a different ball game. You gave her your word, that's all she has to trust in. Don't break that. You've stepped out on her before?"

"Yes."

"How did she react?"

"She pointed a gun at me and told me she should blew my face off." I said plainly.

He just looked at me with a goofy smile on his face, "Don't cross her babygirl."

"I won't Dad."

"When is the wedding going to be? I hope you're not waiting years and years. I need some grand-babies. I'm not getting any younger."

"Dad slow down, soon. I want kids too. I don't know when the wedding is going to be, I mean it's up to her. We don't have to wait years and years but a few months is fine. You know the collection for the boutique just dropped, we just got engaged, like let us get situated first."

"I'm going to pay for it." He said.

"Dad, what?"

"Well, why not? Aren't Dads suppose to pay for the wedding?"

"Dad."

"Start planning. 90 days."

I started cracking the hell up. "Why are you rushing us!?"

"I want grand-babies goddammit!"

"You're worst than a woman."

"You heard what I said."

"Fine, 90 days. What's the budget?" I asked

"There isn't one."

"Dealing with Sameerah, you're going to regret that but fine."

We talked a little more until I made my way back to Arizona. Now we have to plan our wedding, I hope she's ready because I'm not.

Later that evening

I was watching Sameerah workout on the Elliptical, she was in her own world listening to her music. She could be outgoing when she absolutely had to be, like at the store but other than that, she was really quiet and introverted, so seeing her listening to her music and singing out loud, hitting Beyoncé's notes....well at least trying to, entertained me.

"What's on your mind?" She asked, I hadn't noticed she was done her workout.

"Dad is ready for us to get married."

She laughed, "Okay?"

"In like 90 days."

She really started cracking up, "Why so pressed?"

"He wants grand-babies....like right now."

At this point she was in tears, "Okay babe. What's the problem?"

I was shocked, "You're ready have kids? And get married?"

"Yes, I've never wanted something so much."

"Okay then, let's get married."

I don't know why I second guess things with her, I know she wants the same exact thing I want. I mean, I guess I just wasn't sure when. But if she's ready, then so am I.

Chapter 16 will be available soon.