Chapter 23: Life

Sameerah's Pov

G.Zanotti Boutique

I was in the store straightening up, Gia ended up firing everybody. She did a pop up while I was taking a spa day for myself and the store was a mess when she got there. I asked her how she did it and she simply said she just fired them. Big dumb liar, I watched the tapes. She cleared that bitch out waving her gun around and shit. I've been here by myself, not all of time. Herself or Yandel would come and help me.

I was walking toward the entrance when two guys walked in, they locked the doors. I went behind the counter and grabbed my gun, tucking it in my waist without them noticing. I hit the emergency button, it didn't notify the police. It notified Giavonni and the rest of the team.

"Can I help you?" I said calmly.

"Yes. I wanted to check out some jeans." One guy said. He walked over to the table knocking it over. Then he went to another rack and knocked that over.

"What the fuck are y'all doing?"

"Shut the fuck up bitch!"

"Who you calling a bitch?" I cocked my gun.

At that moment, both guys ran towards me. I started firing. I missed, I fucking missed!

One guy ran up to me smacking the shit out of me. I ate that shit, but I dropped the gun. I squared up with both niggas. I wasn't going down without a fight. They both attacked me, they were beating the shit out of me. I was fighting until I couldn't fight any longer. Giavonni taught me to never give up, never give some fuck niggas my life. That was until I heard the shots. One, and then two and then three. I felt like I was on fire, I've never been shot before but I knew I had been. If I die, I died fighting. I loved the life I was given, through the pain and the sorrow. I loved Giavonni and the life she gave me but not only the life, the love. I've never experienced love before but she exceeded my expectations even through our downs. That was my love, that was my life. I died being loved, I died loving someone, I died loving her.

Giavonni's Pov

I got the alert and everyone ran to the store. I've never been so scared in my life. I got there first and the doors were wide open, people were surrounding the building, the paramedics and cops were pulling up. I ran in, there was a pool of blood coming from behind the counter and I knew it was her. I ran up to her.

"Baby! Baby please open your eyes!" I yelled in a whisper, I was losing my voice.

"Sameerah!!!"

"Ma'am, please step away. We have to help her, who are you to her!"

"I'm her wife! I'm her fucking wife!" I yelled

Yandel rushed in, her cheeks stained with tears.

"G, you gotta move out the way honey." She said softly.

I wanted to move but I was frozen.

"I c-can't, I can't move. Help me Del." I looked up at her with pleading eyes.

"Ma'am, please." The paramedic asked me.

It wasn't that I didn't want to, I couldn't physically move.

The paramedics snatched her from me and started working to get her stable. They put her on the stretcher, and put her on the ambulance. I got in with her, they were still working on her. I sat there like a baby wanting its mother, I cried in that corner. It was so much blood, it was everywhere even on me. Out of no where all the machines started going off.

"WE'RE LOSING HER!" Someone yelled

The flatline sound starting so go off.

"SAVE HER! PLEASE!" I cried to them.

"We will ma'am!"

They started working on her again and they got her stabilized. We finally reached the hospital, the ride felt like days when in reality it was only 8 minutes long.

I tried to follow them into the operation room but of course they stopped me.

Yandel was there but she just let me go through my emotions. I was crying, screaming, pulling at my hair. I laughed to myself because I've never pulled my hair, but that was a habit she did when her anxiety started going off and I hated how she did that.

"Come here." I heard Yandel's soft voice.

"She died in front of me man. She flatlined and they had to bring her back for me bro." I grabbed onto her shirt stretching it out.

"She's back now though. She's back." She smiled through her sadness. "I know you love her and she loves you too. She wasn't leaving you without fighting, you have to know that."

I just cried and cried. It felt like days before the doctor came out.

"The family of Sameerah Zanotti." The doctor announced.

"Right here." We said in unison.

"She lost a lot of blood, which had to be replaced so she was given a blood transfusion. She flatlined two more times but she's a fighter. She had a bullet lodge in her left shoulder directly above her heart, one in her abdomen and the last one, in her back, just missing her spine. I don't know if you want to count yourself bless, or call it luck. But you haven't lost your love and she hasn't lost her life. The road to recovery will be a difficult one, but it'll be worth it."

I cried thinking about the pain she experienced, I couldn't take the thought of it. Tears clouded my vision,

"Thank you Doc." I said.

I shouldn't be thanking him, I should be thanking God.

"You're welcome Mrs. Zanotti. You can see her but she's in a medically induced coma, she'll be out for a few days. You can see her but be very quiet."

"You ready?" Yandel asked

"As ready as I can be."

Chapter 24 will be available soon.