Chapter 1: The Move

Sameerah's POV

Arizona, Friday 6:37pm

I finished moving my belongings into my condo. I had a long move from Philadelphia to Arizona and I was honestly exhausted. A million thoughts ran through my mind about how I just packed up and moved from the life I knew. I had no friends or family, just a past I wanted to leave behind. I knew nothing about Arizona, just that I wanted to be far away from everything I'd ever known.

"If I don't like it, I'll just move again." I said out loud to myself.

I was never the type to stay in one place anyway. I always moved around, I was homeless for a while but I made it through. I looked around at the place I just bought.....2600 Sq. ft with floor to ceiling windows, 3 bedrooms with 2 full luxury bathrooms, luxury kitchen with a balcony and rooftop pool on the 25th floor. I couldn't be more impressed with the home I picked out, well at least for now. It was beautiful.

You would look at me and would never be able to imagine the life I live. Mocha brown skin, I was small 140 pounds on a good day and about 5'5, long curly hair that I never straightened and I had a small shape but not too much. I was a pretty girl, a soft pretty though, I wouldn't say a bad bitch but I was pretty. Simply gorgeous actually. Back in Philadelphia I killed niggas, robbed niggas and whatever I had to do to survive by myself. I did a lot of dirt, but nobody would come looking for a chick, let alone a chick that looked like me. I would run around the city like I was cat woman, I was slept on. Gorgeous and soft by day, a killer and shooter by night. Niggas would pay me to do their handle their light work, they trusted me because I wasn't a snitch. I covered up very well and that's what they loved. A cute bitch with a killers tendencies, I mean I was a killer though right so I guess they weren't actually tendencies but that's neither here nor there.

My stomach started to fuss at me, I need to eat. I was getting this place together all day and refused to stop until I was done. I grabbed the keys to my truck and made my way out. I looked up the nearest market in my GPS and headed towards it.

"Wally's World."

That was the name of the market. Yuck, that's cheesy and my goofy ass is going to be saying Wally's World to myself all day long. The sunset in Phoenix was to die for, I was enjoying my drive. Views were my weakness, something that made love to my eyes is something I could never stop loving and views always made me feel like my eyes were being made love with. Just breath taking, in that moment everything around me stopped and I just had to take it in.

I finally pulled up to the market, and good because my stomach was falling into my back, I have to stop taking so long to eat something. I grabbed my MCM book bag and hopped out. It started to get a little cool out, I walked to the passenger side to get my jean jacket and I accidentally hit the car next to me while opening the door.

"Shit!" I looked around.
"Shit is right." A soft but stern voice responded.

This girl...this stud hopped out of the whip and she was pissed. She walked around to the side I was on to take a look. She stared at me the entire time, creepy right?

"I honestly didn't mean to."
"Of course you didn't, or you didn't mean to get caught?" She replied

I started to laugh, she has a smart ass mouth. I cleared my throat. I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen out of my bag and wrote my number down.

"Here, call me when you get it priced and I'll pay for it. My name is Sameerah Amin. It was nice to meet you.....?"
"Gia, my name is Gia. It was nice to meet you as well Sameerah."

I gave her a head nod and continued my way into the market.

I only came to the market for a few things, I really wasn't in the mood to do serious food shopping and my cart is full. Now I have to take all this bullshit in the house because I don't know how to relax. I know this is damn near $500 dollars worth of food. But I went without a lot, for a long time and I notice myself over doing it with a lot things just so I'll feel secure. I guess that's apart of the trauma, like stuffing your face with your food eating it fast so nobody can take it away from you type of thing. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a cart running into the back of my ankles.

"What the hell." I turned around and it was Gia with a smirk on her face.
She covered her mouth while she laughed at me,

"I'm sorry but I had to get you back from laughing at me while we were in the parking lot."

"Ha ha. Very funny." I rolled my eyes at her.

"I felt like I was a little mean to you out there and I wanted to apologize, I was annoyed you hit my car."

I smirked at her, "I know you were. That's why I laughed."

"Are you new to Phoenix? I know pretty much everyone in this city...but I've never seen you." She raised her brow.

"I just moved here from Philadelphia."

"Hmm, okay well let me be your first friend. Let me take you out for coffee?"
"I don't drink coffee." I do but I'm going to play with her.
"Wine?"
"I don't drink wine." I love wine.
"Dammit, well what?"

I started to crack up, "I love coffee. What day is good for you?"
"But you just said, ....you know what, I'm not going to play with you. I can tell you're goofy."

She was laughing at me now. "Wednesday? I'll text you a time and location."
"Okay, Wednesday is good."
"See you later Sameerah."
I laughed lightly at her, "Bye Gia."

Chapter 2 will be available soon.