clxxxv. the painting's passage

"Quiet! You want to inform the Death Eaters that you're here?" Aberforth Dumbledore hissed, glancing out the window of his small tavern

"Quiet! You want to inform the Death Eaters that you're here?" Aberforth Dumbledore hissed, glancing out the window of his small tavern. Tori glanced at the old man, frowning. She wasn't sure how he could be related to Dumbledore. He seemed much more cranky.

"Luna and Dean had already gone through," George whispered, standing up from his spot.

The stood a sitting room with a durable carpet and a small fireplace, above which hung a single large oil painting of a blonde girl who gazed out at the room with a kind of a vacant sweetness. Tori rocked in her heels until the portrait opened up once more. Ginny was about to crawl inside when Tori hushed her.

There's was quiet footsteps as Cho Chang and Lee Jordan entered the sitting room. Lee grinned immediately, high giving the twins. "Got the message, you didn't leave it, did you?" He asked Ginny, who shook her head.

"Are there others coming?" Cho asked, tossing her hair behind her shoulder.

"We assume so," said Fred. "But Aberforth doesn't want a full house, so let's get going in."

Ginny went in first, followed by Tori and the twins with Lee and Cho bringing up the rear. The Portrait of the girl closed behind them, and they began to walk down the dark tunnel.

"So, Harry's here?" Cho's voice echoed. "That's what the message said, but what does he need from Hogwarts?"

"That's something I think we all want to know," Tori replied. They turned a corner and there ahead of them was the end of the passage. Another short flight of steps led to a door just like the one hidden behind the portrait. Ginny pushed it open and climbed through.

Tori followed, viewing the Room of Requirement. She had a confused impression of colored hangings, of lamps, and many faces. Tori was able to take in their surroundings. She did not recognize the dorm at all. It was enormous and looked rather like the interior of a particularly sumptuous tree house, or perhaps a gigantic ship's cabin. Multicolored hammocks were strung from the ceiling and from the balcony that ran around the dark wood-paneled and windowless walls, which were covered in bright tapestry hangings. Tori saw the gold Gryffindor lion, emblazoned on scarlet; the black badger of Hufflepuff, set against yellow; and the bronze eagle of Ravenclaw, on blue. The silver and green of Slytherin alone were absent. There were bulging bookcases, a few broomsticks propped against the walls, and in the corner, a large wood-cased wireless.

"Aberforth's getting a bit annoyed," said Fred, raising his hand in answer to several cries of greeting. "He wants a kip, and his bar's turned into a railway station."

"Of course, I told him to shut his trap." Tori shrugged, waving hello. "I don't reckon he likes me very much."

"I got the message," Cho said, holding up her own fake Galleon and she walked over to sit beside Michael Corner.

"So what's the plan, Harry?" said George.

"There isn't one," said Harry.

"Just going to make it up as we go along, are we? My favorite kind," Fred grinned.