cxxi. dumbledore's order

"The Order of the Phoenix," Dumbledore said, causing the trio to glance at each other

"The Order of the Phoenix," Dumbledore said, causing the trio to glance at each other. Fred, George, and Tori were all called up to the Headmaster's office where he had explained to them about the order.

"A so far— secret organization used back in the day when we first fought Lord Voldemort." The three flinched at his name.

"And you want us to join it?" Tori asked, narrowing her eyes. She was very confused.

"No, not yet. Your parents have been informed of this organization as well. You will be staying at their headquarters for a part of the summer. Preparations will be made for you to meet the other members. This is a fight we cannot win unless we have help. There is one thing, Mr. Harry Potter must not know. There is too much risk, especially if he is going to be targeted."

The three of them were silent, all glancing in between one another. "I assume the train will be leaving soon. Mr. Weasleys you two may go, I want to have a word with Miss Silvers." Dumbledore said. "I just wish to speak with her. She will come to no harm." He added when he noticed Fred hesitate. The twins walked out, leaving Tori to face the headmaster.

"I'm sure Harry has told you about what happened in the graveyard." He began calmly. "Only a little bit," Tori admitted, shifting uncomfortably.

"It is not easy to face against family." He said, getting up from his chair and stroking his phoenix that sat in the corner. "It is also hard to do what is right. You have a choice, Miss Silvers."

"How do you know what to do?" Tori asked, her voice nearly a whisper. Dumbledore chuckled fondly, like he was remembering an old memory. "You just know. Your decision defines who you are. Not your family's."

"I wish everyone could think like that."

"The world would be much calmer, wouldn't it? So, Tori Silvers, what is your decision?"

✧    ✦    ✧

"You've picked the losing side, Potter! I warned you! I told you you ought to choose your company more carefully, remember? When we met on the train, first day at Hogwarts? I told you not to hang around with riffraff like this!" Draco Malfoy jerked his head at Ron and Hermione from outside their compartment.

Fred had thought it would be a good idea to follow the gang the moment they passed their compartment. Tori was glad they did. She held her wand out, a dark look upon her face.

"Too late now. Potter! They'll be the first to go, now the Dark Lord's back! Mudbloods and Muggle-lovers first! Well - second - Diggory was the f-"

Tori had heard enough, she pointed her wand at Malfoy. "Auris Pervellerit!" It seemed she wasn't the only one angered by Malfoy's words. Both Fred and George had their wands pointed and quickly cast a hex.

It was as though someone had exploded a box of fireworks within the compartment. Blinded by the blaze of the spells that had blasted from every direction, deafened by a series of bangs, Harry stood blinking and looked down at the floor.