lll. the last day of summer

"What should we do for our final day of summer?" Fred wondered aloud at the table, passing the marmalade to Ginny

Tori was replying to yet another letter from Cedric, this one talking about his trip to Australia this summer. Tori told him all about her summer with the Weasleys and finished it off telling him she couldn't wait to see him again.

She handed the letter to Athena, who quickly flew off and out the window. Tori turned back to the twins, who were now talking to Harry.

"Do you think we'll win the Quidditch Cup this year?"

"As long as Tori doesn't play seeker." George teased. Tori went red, hiding her face in her hands. "Nooooo. We do not talk about that."

"It wasn't that bad..." Fred said slowly. Tori looked up from her hands with a you're joking, right? look on her face. "I don't even want to think about that again. So Harry, please, don't go missing on us."

Harry chuckled weakly, eating his eggs. The twins went on about the many things they could do to spend their last day, most of them being trying to figure out what Percy has been doing in his room all summer.

"He's already gotten his O.W.L.S. back, and I doubt he's this worried about his N.E.W.T.S," Fred told them, shoving more and more food into his mouth. Tori watched him, disgusted.

Instead, they spent the day outside, playing quidditch and swimming in the creek nearby. Tori was in an unofficial splashing contest with Harry, seeing who would shove the most water into the other's face. It seemed to be a tie.

Tori engulfed herself underwater to getaway. She had her eyes shut tightly, feeling around so she could come back up to the surface. She felt the water around her go slightly calmer and she leaped upwards, soaring into the air like a mermaid.

Ginny was running away from Ron and Harry, who was chasing after her while George was acting like a shark, but where was Fred...?

As soon as the thought entered her mind, she was picked up from behind, jerked all around. She squealed loud enough causing Fred to laugh. "You sound like my sister when she first saw Harry."

"Oh, leave her alone. And let me go!" She grinned, glancing over her shoulder at the ginger. Fred chuckled, "Never!" He held on tightly, but Tori managed to get loose by kicking his feet out from under him. She doubled over with laughter, trying her best not to snort.

"Oh, you'll pay for that!"

"You better catch me first!"

✧    ✦    ✧

BOOM! BOOM! POP!

Tori was honestly surprised Molly let the twins set their fireworks off in the house. They were little, and controllable, lighting up the kitchen with many colors. Ginny pointed to a pink one that had just gone off. Percy even came out of his room for this, causing the twins to dramatically say they thought he was surely dead.

After a fantastic dinner, if Tori did say so herself, Molly was making sure they were all packed and ready for the bright and early morning ahead of them. Ginny was jumping around excitedly, talking about how excited she was to finally go to Hogwarts.

Tori laughed, looking back up at the ceiling, which now was filled with blue and red for the finale. The Weasleys cheered as Molly then brought out hot chocolate and sat around the fireplace as the night grew colder.

Arthur was telling funny stories about the things he's seen in his job, making everyone laugh. Molly filled up cups, ushering the three younger children up to bed around a quarter after nine.

Fred and George proceeded to try and get anything out of Percy about why he's been acting so secretive this summer but the older boy refused to say anything. Tori laughed lightly, a yawn interrupting. It had been a long day, and nearly everyone was tired.

"Fourth years. Only another year until our O.W.L.S." George grimaced, careful not to burn his mouth on the hot chocolate. Tori sighed, "I don't even know what I want to do with my life... and O.W.L.S. open or close doors for us!"

"I'm sure you'll be fine," Fred told her. Tori smiled watching Molly fuss over Percy's hair.

She leaned her head against Fred's shoulder lightly before he leaned his on top of hers. They both stared into the fire, growing more tired as the night stretched on. Molly forced them up to bed, George smirking at his brother the entire way, Tori though, being absolutely oblivious, didn't notice.

"Goodnight, you two."

"Goodnight Tori!"

✧    ✦    ✧

It took a long time for the Weasley family to get started to get up and running the morning of September first. Arthur has installed a special device to make the car much bigger on the inside. Molly wasn't aware of this.

Tempers were already running high by the time they had finally gotten onto the highway. George has forgotten his fireworks, then Fred had to run in and get his broomstick, and then Ginny squealed that she didn't have her dairy.

Arthur kept glancing at his watch and the traffic ahead of them. "Um... Molly—"

"No, Arthur."

"No one would see— this little button here is an Invisibility Booster I installed— that'd get us up in the air— we fly above the clouds. We'd be there in ten minutes and no one skid be any the wiser—"

"I said no, Arthur, not in broad daylight—"

They reached King's across at a quarter to eleven. Arthur dashed across the road to get trolleys for their trunks and they hurried into the station.

Tori lined her cart up with the twins, following them inside the station. "Hurry up now! Percy! You first!"

The Prefect quickly rushed into the wall, disappearing seconds after. "Fred, George, Tori, you next!"

One after the other, the three fourth years ran through into the platform, moving out of the way for the others. Tori saw out of the corner of her eye someone running towards her and turned just in time to see it be Alicia Spinnet.

"Tori!" She squealed, wrapping her arms around the girl. "Alicia! You cut your hair!" Tori broke the hug, gesturing to the girl's new hair.

Alicia Spinnet was very pretty. She had light brown skin and her hair usually went down to her waist, but now it went just up to her shoulders. Alicia nodded, tossing it over her shoulders.

"You like it?"

"I love it!"

"Uh. Girls? Can we talk about hair after we get on the train?"

 Girls? Can we talk about hair after we get on the train?"

onwards to hogwarts!