cxlvi. no more secrets

"I think we ought to try something a little different today," Harry announced, glancing at the members of Dumbledore's Army

"I think we ought to try something a little different today," Harry announced, glancing at the members of Dumbledore's Army. "Instead of learning something new, we're going to do some dueling."

There was a loud noise of excitement in the room. "I'll start pairing you up, and when we get to the final two, whoever wins can..."

"Can we face you?" Hazel Doe asked, causing several others to nod with agreement. Harry chuckled, "Sure. Winner can face me. Use any spells we've learned in here or some you've practiced on your own."

"Just don't use any that could seriously hurt someone." Hermione piped in, some people mocked a sigh. "Alright. Let's start with... Dean and... Colin."

✧ ✦ ✧

Tori had managed to defeat Dean, Hazel, and Zacharias by the time Hermione and Ron went up against each other.

"One Sickle," George whispered to Fred. Fred smirked. "You're on."

There was silence in the room before Hermione struck first. "Stupefy!"

Ron went flying backward and landed on his back. Tori laughed watching Fred gladly take a sickle. "Thank you."

"Shut up."

"I let her do that," Ron said, strolling over and trying to regain some of his ego. "It's good manners, isn't it?"

"Yes," Tori replied mockingly. "It was completely intentional."

"Nice Hermione, you move up. Alright... How about... Fred and Tori?" Harry suggested. The two grinned at each other while the room filled with oohs.

"I love you," Fred said. "But you're going down."

"You wanna make a bet?" Tori smirked. She stood her ground on her side holding her wand out. "Don't hold back," Harry said, standing in between the two of them before swiftly moving out of the way. "Whoever you're ready."

Fred went first. "Stupefy!"

Tori swiftly blocked it with a silent shielding charm before casting "Expelliarmus!" Fred's wand went flying before he caught it and struck back with "Incendio!"

Tori jumped out of the way, but instead of letting the fire dissolve into nothing, her arm flew out and she stopped it then and there.

She could feel everyone's eyes on her, and she could feel their confusion. She didn't know what she was doing either, it had just happened. So did the next thing.

Tori turned swiftly, turning the direction of the fire and shooting it back towards Fred, who cast the water charm to put it out. There was a look of surprise on his face, so Tori took this to an advantage, quickly casting "Stupefy!" and knocking Fred backward.

Tori grinned, going over and helping him up. She winced, realizing she had held out her hand wrapped in a bandage. "I'm alright." She assured Fred when he asked.