cvi. the kitchens

"Do you think this is enough?" George asked, placing another box of cauldron cakes in his bag

"Do you think this is enough?" George asked, placing another box of cauldron cakes in his bag. Tori scanned inside of hers, nodding. "We should be good..."

"Miss Silvers?" A squeaky voice called. Tori flipped around to see a familiar small elf.

"Luman! Is it really you?" She rushed over to the scrawny house self, kneeling. He jumped up in down, causing his ears to flop around. "It is Miss Silvers! It is!" He said looking happier than ever before.

"I didn't know you worked down here!" Tori smiled, happily pulling the creature into a hug. "Ever since you freed Luman. Luman has worked here!"

"Fred, George. Come over here!" Tori called the two boys. "This is, er— was, my house elf. Luman."

"Nice to meet you." Fred waved, his mouth already full of food. George shook his hand gently, picking up another box of Every Flavor Beans. "It is nice to meet you!"

"Does Mother and Father know you're here?" Tori asked the elf, who winced. "No, no. Luman didn't tell them. Luman likes it here, they're..."

"Much kinder?" Tori finished. She knew Luman wouldn't dare say anything bad about the Silvers family. Especially after being loyal to them for generations. Tori didn't feel an ounce of regret for freeing him though. Her father was awful to him, and Luman was always a sweet elf.

"In certain ways... is there anything I can do for you, Miss Silvers?"

"Could we get a few sausage links?" Fred asked him over Tori's shoulder. Luman nodded gleefully and rushed off.

✧ ✦ ✧

The Gryffindor common room went into yet, another full-blown party. The twins had Harry hoisted onto their shoulder the moment he entered the room.

"Knew you wouldn't die, Harry!" Fred was shouting. "Lose a leg."

George joined in. "Or an arm."

"Pack it in altogether?"

"Never!"

"Shush!" Tori told the twins, handing Harry the golden egg she had just taken from Lee. "Go on, Harry. What's the clue?"

"Who wants me to open it?" He asked, watching the crowd jump and cheer. "Do you want me to open it?"

"Yes!"

He grinned. He tapped the golden egg's top and an ear screeching noise filled the room. Tori immediately covered her ears, which stun with pain. The twins dropped him, covering their ears like the others.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron said next to Harry. Tori had noticed the two had seemed to made up.

"It was someone being tortured!" Neville Longbottom said, who had gone very white and spilled sausage rolls all over the floor. "You're going to have to fight the Cruciatus Curse!"