llv. cornish pixies

"FLYING FORD ANGLIA MYSTIFIES MUGGLES!"

Tori put the newspaper down in front of the twins early in the morning. Fred looked down at it, eyes widened. "This isn't..."

"Not us. You're brother and Harry." She glanced down at the two of the boys, who were now sitting with Hermione. "Apparently they drove your Dad's car here."

"I think Ronniekins is trying to one-up us." Fred scoffed, reading through the news. George shook his head, making room for Lee, who had just congratulated the two second years on their 'amazing' entrance.

Tori laughed, taking a piece of bacon and handing the plate of sausage to Angelina. Katie Bell sat with them today, talking with Alicia and Tori.

The three of them were in the middle of their conversation when a loud voice— or Molly's voice— interrupted, exploding into the hall.

"RONALD WEASLEY!" Tori was quick to note that it was a bright red howler, going off. "HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED! — STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE —"

Molly's voice was louder than Tori had ever heard. She could almost see Molly's red face as she wrote this.

"— LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED —

"— ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED — YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME."

Tori had to cover her mouth and remind herself this wasn't funny, Tori, it's humiliating for Ron. Fred and George didn't seem so kind, they were cracking up so bad they nearly fell off the stool.

"Oh and Ginny, dear, congratulations on making Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud."

The howler imitated a raspberry before destroying itself, leaving the bits and pieces of the paper on the table.

It seemed like many people wanted to laugh or so something to Ron, but the Professors started handing out of each student's timetables. Tori thanked McGonagall and quickly looking over her schedule.

Their first of class of today was Defense Against the Dark Arts with Hufflepuff, then Muggle Studies with Ravenclaw and then Potions with Slytherins.

"Well, this will be interesting..." Tori mumbled to herself, flipping it over on the back.

✧ ✦ ✧

"Welcome to Defense Against the Dark Arts, with yours truly, Gilderoy Lockhart."