xlvii. winning the house cup

"I'M SORRY, WHAT?!"

"I'M SORRY, WHAT?!"

That was Tori's reaction when Oliver Wood told her she was playing seeker.

"Oliver! I can't play seeker! I... I don't know how!" She protested, following him down the hill leading to the quidditch pitch. Oliver sighed, "We have a reserve chaser, we don't have a reserve seeker, and since Harry is in the hospital wing we either play or forfeit."

"I don't see why that means I have to play seeker! I play with a Quaffle, not a snitch!"

"Yes, but you've made dives that I'm hoping you can mimic. I've already made up my mind. Lia's going in for chaser and you're playing seeker."

Tori stopped, watching him enter the changing tent. She swore loudly, marching in after him. The rest of the team was already inside, Angelina and Katie looking confused, "Why's Lia here? Is she playing seeker?"

"No. I am." Tori replied bitterly. Katie's eyes widened, "Can you even play seeker? You're a—"

"Chaser. Yeah, I know. Wood already told me he's not changing his mind." She glanced over at Harry's broom, wondering if she should take the risk and use it.

"But... why?"

"Apparently I can dive well, he wants me to mimic that. Godric, we're going to lose."

"Don't say that," Fred turned up behind her, patting her back. "Georgie and I will try really hard not to let you get hit by a bludger. Right, Georgie?"

"Right!"

"I'm so glad," Tori replied sarcastically, she tried to calm herself down. It didn't help. She was totally panicking. How could Wood do this to her?! She wasn't a seeker! She plays chaser!

Tori didn't even want to think about the game. She wished that Harry would just wake up, burst inside, and say he could play.

They were going to lose.

She was right.

✧ ✦ ✧

"I hate these hats," Tori muttered, gesturing to the pointy black hat upon her and everyone else's head.

Slytherin wins the house cup. Again.

After her terrible play as a Seeker in the Ravenclaw versus Gryffindor game, Tori wasn't sure she ever wanted to show her face on the quidditch pitch again.

It took Alicia threatening to hex her for Tori even to get ready for the End of the term feast.

She was glad to see Harry though. From what the gossip said, Professor Quirrell was working together with Voldemort. Yes, the kooky Professor who had a stuttering problem and who's head was always in the clouds... They were trying to get their hands on whatever was in the Gringotts vault. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had to pass through a ton of the teachers' obstacles to defeat him.