xxiv. walk near the lake

Team B met team A at the meeting line

Team B met team A at the meeting line. Tori went center, being direct across from Mae. Charlie was at the bottom with the quaffle, he looked up at the people around him."There's no winning, and please don't keep trying to knock each other of your brooms." He looked sternly at everyone suddenly throwing the quaffle up in the air.

Tori dove down quickly, managing to snag it from number Nine. He wasn't exactly that happy about it, he raced after her full speed. Tori saw he was on her trail and looked for Angelina. She was unguarded, they made eye contact and Tori launched it over towards her.

Angelina caught it, racing off before passing it to twenty-three. Twenty-three grinned triumphantly, making his way to the hoops. Tori weaved through the other team chasers, ducking away when one almost hit her.

Twenty-three winded up their shot and made it in. Tori grinned high fiving Angelina on her way past. Team A gained control of the quaffle after that and Nine wasn't exactly sharing. He pushed through Tori and Angelina, ignoring any commands he was given.

"Nine, pass the ball. Nine. NINE!" Mae shouted at him. He shot making the quaffle into the goal, but Mae didn't seem that happy. "This is a team sport! You can't do this by yourself." She yelled at him. Nine rolled his eyes, "Whatever. I got us the points. Isn't that what matters?"

Mae shouted something Tori knew she definitely shouldn't repeat and Charlie flew in. "Alright enough! Mae and Twenty three, you switch. Five and eleven you too. Oliver, go in as Team B keeper."

Tori floated over to Angelina and George. "He's so annoying." Angelina glared at nine. Fred joined them too, "I hope he doesn't make the team. He kept trying to make all these plans when we were getting ready. Mae has to tell him to knock it off."

"Enough of the drama." Mae appeared behind them, making Tori almost jump of her broom. "We have tryouts to finish."

✧ ✦ ✧

"Excellent job all of you. I'm very proud of you guys today. The three of us will be working tonight and tomorrow on the list. We will let you know who has made the team on Sunday. You should all feel very accomplished."

Charlie finished his speech, glancing around the changing room before Oliver spoke up. "Please don't come near us when we're working. It gets annoying and you'll have a less chance of making it."

"Also I'll hex you." Mae chimed in. Charlie assured everyone she wouldn't, but Mae's face didn't convince them. Tori set her jersey in the bin, glancing at the number one more time. Seventeen.

She walked back with Angelina and the twins, talking about their tryouts. "I think I messed up. I dropped the quaffle a couple of times and nearly fell off my broom." She admitted hanging her head. "I think Mae liked you." Angelina comforted. "She seemed impressed."

"When you were with me." Tori sighed, she could still hear Morrison go on and on about they should just hand him the spot, and how he totally nailed his tryouts.

Tori hated to admit it, but he did. He played well, just not the best with others. She sighed again, turning to hear Fred and George. "We had to do some weird exercises in the beginning," George said. "Like we had to hold these weighted balls in our hands. Then we had to lift them over our heads."

"How'd you do?" Tori asked them, watching Fred shrug. "My arms still kind of hurt, but we weren't the first to drop them. Then again, we weren't the last."

"I was watching you guys hit some of the bludgers. You seemed to be doing good." Tori held open the door for them. The four of them joined a crowd of students. Classes had been out for a couple of hours now since it was Friday so a lot of students were out walking around.

"It wasn't that hard," Fred replied. The four of them turned around the corridor on their way to Gryffindor's house when Tori spotted a familiar face.

"Cedric!" She called for the lone boy. He looked up and grinned, "Tori! Hey!" He walked over to the group of second years quickly.

"What are you doing?" Tori asked him. Cedric shrugged, "I was going to go for a walk around the lake before it gets dark. Want to join?"

Tori glanced back and forth between him and her friends. She saw Angelina give her a slight nod. "Uh, sure. I'll see you guys later!" She waved goodbye and followed Cedric back down the corridor.

"So how are you? I've barely seen you since we got back to school. You avoiding me?" Tori joked, Cedric opened the door for her and chuckled.

"Not at all." He promised. "My parents have been on me about my grades. I need to keep them up this year if I want to become prefect." Tori made a small face, causing Cedric to snigger. "That's exactly how I feel. It's so... pressuring."

"I get it. They want you to be one way, and sometimes your not." Tori stared at the grass they walked on. Cedric took time to consider this, "Yeah. That's one way of looking at it... so what have you been up to?"

"Quidditch tryouts were today."

"Oh! I heard about that! Did you try out? What for?" They had made it to the lake now and began walking near the edge. "Yeah, I did. Um, chaser." Cedric beamed, "Well, I look forward to crushing you on the pitch."

"Oh please." Tori scoffed, shaking her head. Cedric sat down, facing the sun and gestured Tori to sit with him. "First I have to make the team. Second, Gryffindor is going to wipe the floor with you."

"Oh, is that so?" Cedric mocked her. They both chuckled, watching the sunset. "You're going to make it." He assured her. Tori glanced up at the sky, watching the pink and purple just blend so perfectly together.

"How do you know that? You've never seen me play." She laid down, continuing to watch the sky. Cedric joined her on the ground, shrugging. "I just have a feeling. And I'm never wrong."

"Yeah. Whatever you say, Cedric."

"I'm not! I'll prove it to you when you make the team."

okay, results will be NEXT chapter!

how do you think tori did? do you want her to make the team?

also again, two chapters in one day again? wow i'm insane.