cxvii. boyfriend

"So

"So..." Angelina said, glancing up at Tori who was deep into her book by now. She was trying to understand how to properly perform apparition for their lesson the next day. "When did you plan on telling us you kissed Fred?"

She, Tori, Alicia, and Katie were all seated outside by the lake. It was now March, so the weather was starting to get warmer. The four girls sat by a tree, reading over their papers. Katie was the most silent out of the group since for her, O.W.L.S. was approaching.

Tori pursed her lips together tightly. "George?"

"Yep."

"Mhm. Uh, probably never." Tori admitted, unable to meet Angelina's eyes. Alicia was squealing by now. "Never?! You should have told us right away—" She then gasped. "That's why you two made up!"

"It's really none of your business." Tori wrinkled her nose with a loud sigh.

Alicia raised an eyebrow, looking rather unconvinced. "So are you two together then? Because Katie then owes me three gallons!" She said the last part rather loudly, getting fifth-year girl to glance up from her notes and glare.

"You... did you all seriously bet on this?" Tori asked. Alicia tilted her head, "You didn't answer the question, Tori."

Aghast, Tori rolled her eyes. "No, Alicia. We are not together. At least, I don't think we are... what's going on with you and Lee?"

It was now Alicia's turn to turn red. "I- I don't know what you're talking about." Angelina seemed to enjoy this too. "Tori's right. It seems Lee's so busy. I mean, he hardly flirts with me at all anymore."

Katie was trying so hard not to laugh. She seemed to go into a coughing fit, but Tori was almost positive she heard the word snogging in between coughs. Angelina gasped, her mouth wide open with surprise. "You've been snogging Lee?"

"No!"

"Yes!" Katie shouted at the same time as Alicia. "I knew there was something going in. Alicia! That's so cute! And you two went to the Yule Ball together? Adorable!" Tori was the one finally squealing.

"No. Tori you do not get to turn this on me and try to play matchmaker," Alicia said firmly, collecting her books and standing up.

"That's what you've been doing to me for six years!" Tori shouted after her. Katie giggled once again, unable to look up from her charms notes. "I caught them a few times. Once in the common room."

Angelina and Tori stared at each other, completely dumbfounded. "How have we missed this?" Angelina whispered, glancing up at the tree above them. Maybe she was thinking Lee was eavesdropping on their conversation. Tori wouldn't exactly put it past him.

Later that night, Tori was quizzing Fred over Herbology terms for their upcoming test. She had just finished asking him about the use of a mandrake when he decided to take a break."Hey. Remember that conversation we had a while ago? The one about... us?" Fred asked her, holding up a purple card. "WEASLEYS WIZARDING WHEEZES" it read in bright orange letters. Tori nodded. She could already feel her face burning up.

"I recall it. Why?"

"Well, you asked what we are. And I asked you what you wanted us to be. Since then, I've done some thinking. There wasn't much to think about, I mean, I had practically made up my mind."

"And what did you come up with?" She asked. The question was genuine, though she was hoping she knew the correct answer.

Fred looked her straight in the eyes. "There are a few times where I've been positive the way I feel for you, Tori. One time was when you were at the bottom of the black lake. I mean, I knew Dumbledore wouldn't let anything bad happen to you... but I was completely freaking out on the inside."

"On the inside?"

"Do you think George would ever let me live it down?"

"Fair enough."

"What I mean Tori is that I care about you. A lot." He reached across the table, grabbing her hand. Tori couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face. She held his hand there for a moment before pushing out the words that had been rattling around her brain for months.

"I love you too."

"Wha— What?" Fred's entire face was completely red. Tori nodded, taking a deep breath. "I didn't tell you that before. It took me a while to realize it, but... I do. You were the first person that would talk to me when everyone else didn't. You made it seem cool to be friends with me. I love Angelina and Alicia, but I don't think I would be as good of friends with them if it weren't for you. Everything good that has happened to me, was because of you." The two were quiet for a moment, their faces still red but neither of them could wipe the smiles off their faces.

"So, you want to give it a go? Us?" Fred asked. He seemed nervous, which was odd for Tori to see. Fred had always been this confident person who knew what he wanted and how to get there fast. But now, he was quieter, slower, and seemed a little less cocky.

Tori grinned, nodding her head. "Yeah. Us." She replied, squeezing his hand. "So who's going to tell George?"

"Not it."

"He's your brother!" Tori protested.

"He'll never let me finish my sentence. Maybe you can scare him into being quiet." Fred chuckled, running his free hand through his long hair. Tori scrunched her face together, deciding an alternative.

"Fine. But you have to be the one to tell Molly." She said. She didn't really want to know how that would work out.

"That's just cold, Silvers."

Tori laughed, closing her book. It was getting late, and they had a lovely day of learning apparition the next day.

"Night, Tori." Fred kissed the top of her head and left to go up the boy's stairs. Fred was now her boyfriend. Merlin's beard... that was weird to say. Filled with a giddy feeling, Tori clutched her books close to her and rushed up the girls' stairs. Tori was wondering if now since she was Fred's girlfriend she could get him to cut his hair.

 Tori was wondering if now since she was Fred's girlfriend she could get him to cut his hair

THIS CHAPTERS CHEESY OKAY I ALREADY KNOW