iv. good morning tori

Victoria was flipping through another book sitting at the end of the Gryffindor table, and it was quite good one

Victoria was flipping through another book sitting at the end of the Gryffindor table, and it was quite good one. She was eating an orange and skimming the text when two people sat down in front of her.

"Good morning, Tori." The Weasley Twins greeted her with smiles on their faces. Victoria must have looked stunned, because one of them looked at her and said, "Well if we're going to be friends now, we gotta make sure you're not lonely. Isn't that right Georgie?"

A smile approached her face as Victoria felt her heart leap with joy. Real friends. That's all she's ever wanted.

She quickly calmed herself down and only nodded to them. "You don't have to sit with me, besides, I think your friends are looking at you." The trio turned to see a couple of boys looking down at them. The boys quickly turned away and pretended like they weren't staring.

"Eh, if they want to come to sit with us, they can come over here," George replied, turning to Victoria, who grinned. They began to eat, and she put her book aside.

Slowly, a boy got up and care over to Fred and George. "Uh, hey fellas." Fred turned to his friend. "Hi Lee, what's going on?"

"Uh, The boys and I were just wondering what's going on with you two... you just moved, unexpectedly... I guess." The kid scratched his head, looking guilty.

"Well, we're just talking to our new friend. Lee, this is—"

"Tori." Victoria interrupted Fred, causing both the twins to gleam. "My name is Tori Silvers."

"Yeah, I know... I mean I don't, well I do." Lee stumbles over his words, looking nervous. "Would you care to join us, Lee?" George turned and asked his friend.

"Uh, no thanks. I'm just going to go sit back down. Uh nice meeting you, Tori..."

Lee went scampering back to his seat. Fred and George glanced at each other before going back to their meal. Tori sighed, glancing down towards the boys, who continued to whisper. She didn't want them to lose friends because they wanted to be nice to her.

"You guys, really don't have to do this. I don't want you to lose your social life just..."

"Oh don't worry dear Tori." Fred snickered, looking at his brother with mischief in his eye. "Don't you worry one bit."

✧ ✦ ✧

"Can anyone tell me what the best way to extract juice from the Sopophorous Bean is? Hm?" Professor Snape stood before the class of boring first years as they stared into their book.

His eyes skimmed the room until he fell upon a student who had their head down the entire time. "Ms. Silvers, can you tell me what that is done?"

Tori looked up at her teacher a bit startled, she collected herself and replied with a brief nod, "Uh, yes. You crush it, sir." Professor Snape merely nodded, "Correct."