vii. you like to get me in all sorts of trouble, huh?

Tori was sitting in the library after a few hours of studying

Tori was sitting in the library after a few hours of studying. She felt exhausted, and couldn't wait to finish. Alicia went back to the common room to get some sleep since she had been a total mess the entire day, leaving Tori to clean up the pile of books.

Fred and George were both in detention for their Halloween prank. Turns out, they did get caught. They had a month's detention, so Tori hardly got to see them at night. It stunk, but Tori had to manage. She got up and began putting away her book, "Hogwarts: A History" away when she bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Tori began, turning around to meet the blue eyes before her. The boy only laughed lightly and picked up his books. "It's alright, I get pretty clumsy sometimes."

"I get what you mean," Tori replied, she eyed his uniform, which had the Hufflepuff crest on it. "Hogwarts: A History, huh?" The boy asked her once he got up from the floor. Tori sheepishly nodded, "Yeah, it's a brilliant book."

"One of the best. I'm Cedric by the way. Cedric Diggory." The boy stretched out his hand, which Tori shook. "Tori Silvers."

"Oh, my dad works in the ministry with yours. Well not with yours..."Cedric tilted his head to the side, racking his brain for thoughts. "What does your dad do?" Tori asked him. She had never heard of a Diggory before. Cedric answered proudly, "He works in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures."

"Oh, my dad works as in the Administrative Registration Department," Tori recalled the one day her father took her to his work. She had walked inside and found it rather boring. It was just filled with people and files of paper, telling you about more people.

What really caught Tori's eye was the Auror Office. It was messy and seemed fun. Each cubical had pictures of dark wizards and clues on how to find them. Unfortunately, Tori's father ushered her away and began to mutter how there was no need for Aurors and how they only got in the way.

Tori didn't really pick up on the rest, she was too busy being bored.

Tori blinked, realizing Cedric was still talking about his father and his job. Tori nodded, pretending like she had been listening to the entire time.

"It's cool, really. My dad gets to do in all kinds of adventures and see all these people." Cedric continued to talk, letting go of a book. Tori watched it fly up to its proper shelf before replying. "Have you ever gone with him?"

Cedric shook his head. "He says I'm too young, but maybe when I'm older. Then I'll go around helping people register dragons."

"That sure sounds like an adventure,"

There was a cough and a small "mhm" which caused both Cedric and Tori to turn around. Madam Pince was doing her nightly rounds and must have found them. She lowered her classes and gestured at the huge clock in the room. It read about five minutes till they had to get back to the common room.