xllv. study 'date'

"Redo that move! I want to see teamwork!" Oliver Wood yelled over the pouring rain

"Redo that move! I want to see teamwork!" Oliver Wood yelled over the pouring rain. There would be a tornado, and Wood would still make them have practice. He looked to the three chasers, who groaned, frustrated.

"And I would actually like to see!" Tori muttered under her breath as the rain continued to pound down on them. It was a terrible early morning for practice. Wood was pushing them even harder than before, making them redo moves and tactics repeatedly.

The twins seemed to take this as a time to joke, constantly pretending to fall off their brooms. "Will you stop messing around?!" Wood shouted at them, his voice hoarse. "That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's referring this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"

George actually fell off his broom this time.

"Snape's referring?!" He sputtered out mud, looking bewildered. "When's he ever referred a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin!"

The rest of the team landed, shouting angrily.

"This can't happen!"

"Ridiculous!"

"He's such a git!"

"It's not my fault!" Wood protested. "We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us."

Oliver had finally called quidditch to an end, Tori was covered with mud, but was extremely angry. She was cursing Snape out with every name under the sun.

"THE SON OF A BANSHEE!"

"Tori! That's enough!" Oliver glared at the third year, who wasn't exactly done talking. Tori muttered something under her breath, opening her locker to put her wrist guards away.

Fred watched her, an eyebrow raised. "Oh please, I spent time in the kitchen with your mother." She wiped some mud off her forehead, shaking with rage. She didn't know why she was so angry, she just was.

Angelina seemed to feel the same way, she was quieter than usual, grumbling under her breath and breathing heavily. They both knew Snape was going to try and pull something with them. He would definitely try to find a way to penalize the chasers.

Tori continued wiping mud off her face and hands as the rest of the team started to leave. She barely paid any attention, reminding herself that she had to meet Cedric later.

Cedric Diggory and Tori hadn't spoken as much since school began. He had one more year to bring his marks up so he could be eligible to become Prefect. Tori completely understood so the two would meet up once a month in the library to study.

"I should probably tell my mother that she's a terrible influence on you." Fred leaned against the empty locker next to Tori. She chuckled bitterly, almost agreeing. "Reckon we should pull another prank on him? Snape, I mean. I'd think he needs a new hair color."