Chapter 37: Tiny Choices

The sense of a shared journey comes from how you say goodbye or the tone of your voice you use towards your loved one. There's room for mistakes to be sure. Even so, it's the sum of all those simple actions over the hours and days of your relationship that bring about the feelings of love and commitment. Tiny choices. It's not the size of the gesture that matters, nor is it the outcome to forge the bond of love for which they both longed. Rather, it's how often those moments of connection happen, how many there are in a day. In reality, though, the quality of a relationship is the sum of the small choices each person makes every day. Sometimes tiny miscalculations can be expensive. Each small choice can help nudge you along the path to connection and love or drifting apart and death.

______________________________________________________________________________

Feng Jiu finished feeding Dong Hua the fruit salad. "Did his Lordship enjoyed the fruit salad?"

"It was delicious. But how come you didn't eat some?"

Feng Jiu chuckled at his question. "Because it was made just for you, Dijun. I want to dote my husband with special dishes just for him."  She giggled at him.

Feng Jiu felt a slight change in his cultivation that she made him the fruit salad to nurture his essence.

"Where did you learn to make nurturing food Jiu'er?" Dong Hua asked.

"Huh? I don't know what are you talking about Dong Hua." She quickly got up to place the dish away.

"Jiu'er", he called her using a reproach tone.

"Yes husband?" She turned around to face him.

"Come here my mischievous little fox." Dong Hua was taping his lap.

"What is it husband?" Feng Jiu innocently looked at him and sat on his lap. Hinting her to return to him.

"Do you think I didn't notice that the salad had healing properties, hmmm? What reason did you had to make it?" Dong Hua tenderly asked Feng Jiu.

"Please don't be upset at me husband, but I felt a slight change on your cultivation level. I don't know what you did that affected it, so I wanted to nurture your health to be at optimal level. I worry about you." Feng Jiu lowered her face biting her lower lip.

"Little fox, look at me please

"Little fox, look at me please. You mean to tell me that you felt my essence change?" Dong Hua asked her surprised.

"Yes, husband I did. May I know what happened to you?" Feng Jiu asked Dong Hua.

Dong Hua didn't want to upset or worry her. So, he opted to omit certain details on the event. "Si Ming required my assistance with something important that was essential to use my powers. That is all my love, there is nothing for you to worry about." He looked at her with a soft smile.

Feng Jiu knew he was keeping something from her. She could smell he was not being truthful about his statement. "Is Si Ming okay?" Feng Jiu was staring at Dong Hua to the point to make him feel uncomfortable.