Chapter 7: Bootcamp

The next morning, Feng Jiu was having breakfast at Ali's garden.

"Nai Nai, where is Ali?"

"He still sleeping your highness, he's a late sleeper." Nai Nai smiled at Feng Jiu.

"Oh, is that so, then let him sleep. Let me know when he wakes up if he needs me."

"Yes your highness."

Feng Jiu was recalling last night time spend with Dijun. She radiantly smiling at her teacup. "Last night was a gift. I will treasure it since I will not expect more of him." She sighed.

"Had fun last night?" Bai Zhen asked her.

"Fourth uncle, yes I did. I hope father is not angry at me." Feng Jiu pouted at her uncle.

"Don't worry about him for now. I am here to remind you about Qing Qui's Weapon Hiding Ceremony. You need to be ready for it."

"Of course, uncle, I have my weapon ready. When is it again?"

"Next week."

"Oh, then I must train and be prepared. Can you train with me?"

"I don't have the time right now Xiao Jiu. I have to attend some business in the northern border before the ceremony, I will be leaving tomorrow."

Hmmm she pouted. "I need to find out who can practice with me. I hope Ali does not mind that I must let him be with Nai Nai while I practice. I wonder if Zi Lan can spare some of his time with me. I will ask him."

"Who needs to practice?" A male voice behind them asked.

Huh?  Dijun?  They both got up from their seats and greeted him

Huh? Dijun? They both got up from their seats and greeted him. They were surprised to see him at Ali's place.

"Dijun, my niece and I were talking about her upcoming Weapon Hiding Ceremony at Qing Qui. She needs to prepare for it."

"Oh?" Dijun raised one of his brows.

"She needs a practice partner to sharpen her sword fighting skills. Perhaps you know someone who can recommend helping our Xiao Jiu on a short notice."

"And may I know when does the ceremony take place?"

"Next week. With all the festivities and her being busy with her duties at Qing Qui she forgot to set aside the date and add it to her agenda." Bai Zhen interjected.

Feng Jiu was lost of words; she couldn't believe that her uncle was asking Dijun to help her.

"Hmm, let's see. I happen to have free time; I can train her."

"It would be an honor for the Bai Clan to assist our queen Dijun." Bai Zhen kowtowed to him while smiling.

Feng Jiu's face was red. She was flabbergasted. It was one of her dreams to spar with Dijun. She never imagined in a million years to have the opportunity to do it with the former ruler of all realms.