Chapter 49: Little Big Surprises

Author's Note: Thank you readers for your comments and votes. Please keep them coming.

We continue with our beloved couple's journey. This chapter have adult theme content intended for a mature audience. Readers you are warned!!! Enjoy the chapter. 🦊💜🦊💜🦊💜

________________________________________________________________________________

Morning time came on Zhe Yan's peach blossoms orchard...

Dong Hua opened his eyes and realized that he was alone in bed. He got up to locate his beloved fox. She was doing her morning Tai Chi routine. "I overslept. Why she didn't wake me up?" He thought.

Feng Jiu sensed his presence nearby and decided to stop her routine and go to him. "Husband! How are you feeling?" Feng Jiu took his hands and secretly began to scanned his cultivation. Dong Hua noticed. "She thinks she can outsmart me" He mischievously thought.

"I feel refreshed Jiu'er, but why you didn't wake me up?" Dong Hua curiously asked.

"You needed to rest Dong Hua so as your good wife I let you sleep more." Feng Jiu sweetly smiled at him. Her disarming sweet smile. Dong Hua couldn't resist her charms. "Jiu'er you are so good to me." He caressed her nose bridge.

"Come, I made you breakfast." She grabbed his arm and dragged him to Zhe Yan's small kitchen. She sat him down and placed a bowl of porridge in front of him. Then she sat down and began to feed him. "I made you this special porridge just for you Dong Hua, do you like it?" Feng Jiu excitedly asked him.

"Hmm is so delicious just like everything else that you cook for me." He was carefully staring at her.

"Now be a good husband and finish it all. Nothing should go to waste. Here let me help you." Feng Jiu gladly hold the spoon for him.

Dong Hua sensed that she was worrying about him. Her eyes gave her away. He read her like a scroll. Feng Jiu couldn't hide her concern for his health. He didn't want to make the same mistake as before when she told him that his cultivation changed. Dong Hua wanted to keep his little fox happy but knew that she was worrying for him more than usual. He let her feed him, he enjoyed that type of attention. She finished feeding him and felt content that he ate all of the special dish she whipped for him.

"Later on, I will make you a nurturing soup. You will love it!" Feng Jiu giggled at him. She got up to clear the dish away but Dong Hua pulled her close to him. "Jiu'er come here little fox."

"What is it Dong Hua?" Feng Jiu creased her brows.

"You know that I'm okay, right?" He sensibly said. Feng Jiu stared at his beautiful black stone eyes mesmerized on the tenderness they were projecting. She was able to see that his dark circles under his eyes and his signs of aging were gone. His skin was back to his luminesce shine. His ethereal looks were fully restored and were enough to cause her to forget to breathe. She was lost in his handsome face.

"Jiu'er breathe my love. I can't let you die on me" He smirked.

Feng Jiu shook her head to wake up from her trance. "Dong Hua, I want to make sure that your health is okay. Please don't hide anything from me. I worry about you. I've noticed that your body is regressing for some reason. You've been stressed more than usual and you had used a great amount of your cultivation on multiple occasions lately without recovering. You need time to recuperate. You haven't done so. I need to set up some boundaries for your own good. I'm your wife and if you neglect to take care of yourself then I will do for you like it or not. Many times, you are the one that is on my case on the same subject and here you are disregarding your own self. This won't do husband. Please understand my concern. I'm not exerting my will over you. I can't let you deplete your powers. You might the be the almighty Dong Hua Dijun, but for a prevailing reason I'm by your side now. If anything happens to you and some future disaster come, how do you plan to resolve it without your full powers? I want my husband to last for many lifetimes as possible. I get that you have never had anyone taking care of you, and that you manage to do things by yourself in the past, but your present situation is different. You have me now, and I won't stand by your side and do nothing. I rather risk your wrath than let you sacrifice yourself. I won't like for you to go into seclusion for thousands of years and separate from me because you failed to take care of yourself now when you should." Feng Jiu scolded him.