Chapter 31: An Unpleasant Encounter

Author's Note:

I want again to thank each reader for your votes and comments. Thank you for reading my story. Is going on strong and is all because of your support. So a big THANK YOU to all of the DongFeng fans here.

Warning: Some mature content on this chapter intended for adult audience. Readers you are warned. Enjoy this chapter.  💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜 💜

________________________________________________________________________

Her eyes were opened wide. Feng Jiu didn't realize she was being followed. Someone behind her spoke her name.

"Bai Feng Jiu"

Feng Jiu gasped when she heard her name being called. She turned around to see her stalker.

"Who are you?" Feng Jiu asked.

"I'm the one that you defied. Let's say that I wanted to meet you in person Bai Feng Jiu."

"Why are you following me?"

"Technically speaking, I'm always been around everywhere, so I'm not following you per say. My, my you are full of questions Bai Feng Jiu. You are an interested immortal. No wonder Dong Hua fell for you."

Feng Jiu's heart was beating fast when she realized who she was facing.

"Your heart is racing fast like a hummingbird, calm yourself. I will not harm you, at least not yet. Regulate your breathing."

Feng Jiu slowly calmed down. "You startled me, that's all. Well, you still haven't answered my question."

"I believe by now; you know who I am and why am I here with you. I see that your curiosity unraveled the same truth that you discovered years ago. Are you surprised?"

Feng Jiu became unsettled. "I don't believe in your handy work. This stone is useless and meaningless."

"Regardless if you believe or not, your fate remains the same. Aren't you afraid of the judgement you and your beloved will face for going against heavens will? No one can escape it."

"You can talk all you want or try to intimidate me with your threats, but I can assure you that it won't work. I will not bend my will."

"I know it won't work, because your love is strong Bai Feng Jiu. I feel it. For a little fairy like you, you have a strong will and determination. However, what is written will remain as it was written, and you will suffer the consequences of your defiance. Not to only you, but Dong Hua as well. He knew too well what he was getting into when he wedded you. He signed his sentence and so did you. It was interesting to see that you felt the threads of destiny tangled to your fated husband when you met him. The threads don't lie Bai Feng Jiu. Consider that."

"I won't betray him."

"Are you challenging me again?"

"Is that what you call it, then yes, try me"

"Darling don't worry, you're going to wish you hadn't met me, before continuing to contest me. I will make sure of that!"

"Leave us in peace. We are not harming anybody."

"An oath is an oath Bai Feng Jiu, and Dong Hua broke his."

"Don't come near him, I'm warning you!"

"Oh, another threat from you? Well, well, I will teach you not to mess with me. That is a guarantee."

Feng Jiu felt to the floor, out of breath until she lost  consciousness.

Dong Hua was in his study when he felt a sharp pain in his heart. "Jiu'er!" "Where are you Jiu'er, I can't feel her." He got up and ran outside Tai Chen Palace. His guards followed him. "Go to the banquet and see if your mistress is there." He ordered them.