Chapter 32: Childlike Ways

Acknowledge that no change is instantaneous, that any change worth keeping takes time. Live in the moment. Forget about what happened yesterday, or that conversation you had. Just do and be. See the world with new eyes. It is a wondrous place, a miracle happening every second, a source of immense fascination that can knock you if you let it. You are a miracle, and every moment you have is a gift.

________________________________________________________________________

Pondering on the past events, Feng Jiu realized that she has inadvertence her queen duties. Knowing how possessive her husband is, she resolved her aim and talked to Dong Hua about speeding time at Qing Qui. She needed to oversee things there. She knew her work have accumulated ever since she started her residence at Tai Chen Palace. Dong Hua was not convinced to let her go by herself so he assigned her some of his trusted guards for her protection; twenty Tai Chen imperial guards to be exact. Which she found a bit overboard but for his ease of mind she agreed.

Both agreed that he will visit her weekly to stay with her for some time during her stay at Qing Qui. Dong Hua was not happy about being apart, but he understood that she needed to attend her queenly responsibilities. He apprehendingly acquiesced to her request. Dong Hua gave her a silver mirror to communicate with him on a daily basis, which Feng Jiu agreed to. He knew that she was going to be focused on resolving her kingdom obligations. But before he let her go, he needed to try and break her resolution of going by herself. Dong Hua turned to his scheming tactics.

"Jiu'er are you sure you don't want me to come along with you? After all I am your prince consort. It wouldn't be proper if you show up without your husband at your first visit as a married queen. You know I can help you with your duties. I promise I won't overpower your authority." Dong Hua was sulking trying to break Feng Jiu's resolve. He was putting his master manipulator talents to the test.

"Your offer is so tempting Dong Hua, but if you come with me, I'm not sure how much work I will accomplish

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Your offer is so tempting Dong Hua, but if you come with me, I'm not sure how much work I will accomplish. We can't barely get our hands off each other for long, plus we won't have the same privacy at Qing Qui that we have here." Feng Jiu said while observing his reaction.

Dong Hua stared at Feng Jiu thinking about his retort, he wasn't going to let her get away that easy: "I'm quite idle Jiu'er, it doesn't matter to me if I stay in our chambers while you are at court or sit next to you while you are working. I really want to come along. I don't want to miss anything in your life, including your growth as a ruler. Besides I accustomed myself to sleep with you already, I won't be able to rest at all and will be worrying while you are away." Dong Hua at this point was pulling her dress sleeve, like child begging not be left behind.

" Dong Hua at this point was pulling her dress sleeve, like child begging not be left behind

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.