Chapter 60: Pending Debts

A/N: First of all, I want to thank each reader that have taken this story and have added to your personal library. Each comment, each vote means so much to me. Thank you for all for your continuous support. This chapter has some sensitive material, so reader discretion is advised (Don't throw stones at me yet) Our favorite couple will have to overcome this chapter. So all of you are warned!!! 💥💥💥

==========================================================================

Debt is an obligation that requires one party, the debtor, to pay or other agreed-upon value to another party, the creditor. Debt is a deferred payment, or series of payments, which differentiates it from an immediate purchase. Metaphorically is also used to cover moral obligations and other interactions not based on a monetary value. Debtors of every type default on their debt from time to time, with various consequences depending on the terms of the debt and the law governing default in the relevant jurisdiction. If the debt was secured by specific collateral, the creditor may seek to repossess the collateral. In more serious circumstances, individuals may go into bankruptcy at cost of their sustainable means.

Mo Yan approached Dong Hua. "Bai Zhen was able to obtain some clues that might help us in our hunting."

"Where is he now?" Zhe Yan asked.

"He's at the training grounds main tent with the twins." Mo Yan replied.

"Let's go." Dong Hua disappeared on his azure mist. Lian Song followed him.

"This better be good Mo Yan!!! Dong Hua is crankier than ever. He needs some serious anger management counseling. That is your expertise. Perhaps you could offer him some therapy." Zhe Yan jokingly said.

"He's your son-in-law Zhe Yan, you... handle him." Mo Yan said before disappearing too.

"Sure!!! Leave me here hanging!!!"  Zhe Yan cursed them

"Sure!!! Leave me here hanging!!!" Zhe Yan cursed them.

Dong Hua, Lian Song and Mo Yan appeared at the training grounds main tent. "Where is Zhe Yan?" Mo Yan asked looking behind.

"I thought he was with you." Lian Song replied. Dong Hua heavily sighed getting annoyed at their bickering; he knew Zhe Yan was recuperating too. He located his essence and brought him in.

"About time!!" Zhe Yan complained. Bai Zhen smirked at their interaction.

"Where is the dreg?" Dong Hua exasperatingly asked.

"Who?" Zi Lan confusedly asked. Dong Hua remained soundless with his indifferent expression.

"If you are referring to Lord Cang Yi, he and his father are long gone." Yan Chiwu replied.

"Bai Zhen, please share your findings with us." Mo Yan quickly intervened before Dong Hua outburst of anger escalated. He felt his temper building up.

"I have reason to believe that the same person that tried to kidnap Xiao Jiu before is the same person behind her current kidnaping. Is a well-known fact, that foxes, have their senses highlighted when it comes to pick up different scents. We possess the ability to encode the obtained traces in our memory bank. I recognized the familiar scent when I removed the poison dart from Zhe Yan's neck. It matched the accustomed track that I previously obtained. Like foxes, dragons have their smell senses highlighted too, so Mo Yan was able to identify the maker of the poison dart. We both were suspicious about the same person, but we needed to gather more intel to legally detained the culprit. Father and second brother are on their way here. They still don't know about these findings. Father will be furious to know that he let go of his captor." Bai Zhen said.