Chapter 20: The Past in the Present

Three days later...

Crown Prince Ye Hua was waiting for the Bai Clan and the other representatives to arrive. He chose an abandoned palace in the mortal realm. It was the same place that Dijun and Feng Jiu had their mortal trial hundred of years ago. Only Dijun and Ye Hua knew about the history of the place. Dong Hua looked at Ye Hua and briefly gave him a smile. Ye Hua knew the reason for the smile but kept silence. Ye Hua also had good memories of the place when he was trying to convince his beloved Bai Qian to admit her feelings for him.

"Am I missing something here between you two?" Lian Song curiously asked them pointing at them with his fan.

"Curiosity killed the cat" Dong Hua answered him blankly not giving anything away.

"Let's wait for them here, they should arrive soon." Ye Hua said.

Two minutes later an entourage of imperial guards escorted the Bai Clan to the abandoned palace. Bai Zhi, Bai Yi, Bai Zhen and Feng Jiu arrived at the courtyard. When Feng Jiu entered the courtyard, she remembered the place. Memories of her trial with Dijun came to her eyes. She was lost on her thoughts, that she forgot to properly greet everyone.

Bai Zhi interrupted her thinking, clearing his throat. "Xiao Jiu aren't you going to greet our hosts?"

"I truly apologize for my rudely behavior. Feng Jiu greets Crown Prince Ye Hua, Third Prince Lian Song and Dong Hua Dijun." She curtsied to all with her face flushed. "Focus Bai Feng Jiu" she reprimanded herself mentally. Bai Yi was eying her suspiciously.

Your highness, the representatives for Zhi Yue and Shīzi mountains are also here, a guard quickly announced them and lead them to the courtyard. When they entered; it was Cang Yi and another young man. Cang Yi was surprised to see Feng Jiu there, he gave her a swift smile and set out to greet the rest of the people. The other man was from the Shīzi region. He greeted everyone and Ye Hua introduced him to the rest.

"This is Lord Wen Chang from the Shīzi region. He graciously came in representation of his territory today."

Dong Hua's eyes widened when he heard his name

Dong Hua's eyes widened when he heard his name. He remembered the name from the rock when years ago when he saw his name carved next to his beloved name. He gave Wen Chang a blank stare. Wen Chang approached Dijun and greeted him first. "His Lordship Dong Hua Dijun its an honor to meet you on behalf of my kingdom, please accept this bow." Dong Hua simply nodded at him.