Chapter 19: An Unbreakable Bond

Feng Jiu was back at her fox den; she was glad for the change of scenery. Indeed, she felt fortunate to live in such beautiful area. The northern region showing their mountains and snow peaks, waterfalls and pristine rivers and lakes. They were privilege to have ample green fields for their agriculture. Their abundant crops that were able to feed thousands. The eastern territory displaying their lush forests, exotic flora, beautiful gardens, and hot springs. Qing Qui's beauty was the envy of most of the realms. She even felt proud that was able to contribute for its prosperity. Although there is plenty of work to do now with this peace treaty signed with the Demon Clans, there was a sense of accomplishment she couldn't ignore. She could now contribute her developments with their new allies and help them achieve the same. She was so loss in her thoughts that she couldn't sense her mother coming.

"Xiao Jiu", her mother called her. "Xiao Jiu dear."

"Uh? Mother, I'm sorry I was lost in my train of thoughts." She hugged her.

"My dear daughter all grown up. I've heard from your elders how you managed in the meeting with the demon elders. I'm so proud of you. Come here honey." Her mother dotes her so much.

"Thank you, mother, I couldn't do it alone. Others contributed too you know." She loves to snuggle at her lap like a little girl.

"Only you manage to behave like a kittling", Feng Jiu's mother laughed

"But I am your kittling mother. I will always be your baby. I love you so much mama."

"And I love you too kittling. I see sparks in your eyes Xiao Jiu, is there something behind them humm? You can always tell mother."

"Am I that obvious?"

"I just seem to notice it. I know you like the palm of my hand. What is it Xiao Jiu?"

"I was just thinking about how fortunate we are to live in such beautiful place like Qing Qui. During our meeting you should have seen the faces of the demon leaders when they heard our stipulations. They want what we have, not everyone is prosperous as we are mother. I want to help them achieve this." Feng Jui said with determination.

"And you should. You are unique my child. Your heart is so pure that I just want to shield you all to myself and never let you off my side. But I understand that your duties take most of your time and your mind is a world of its own. I often wonder how you manage to put everything in fruition. It comes so natural to you. You were born to rule my precious. And I'm so glad that you are so good at it. As time pass by and you mature your talents will be refined too. I can't wait to see you then."

"Will you be around mama to see me all grown and refined?"

"I will always be with you, right here my munchkin." She pointed at Feng Jiu's heart. "It doesn't matter where you go or where I will be, we share an unbreakable bond and is our secret. Now let's go and take a nap, you seem tired. You need to take care of your health better Xiao Jiu."