Chapter 62: Mind over Chaos

Amidst the turmoil of events, don't lose your presence of mind: the counterbalance strategy. In the heat of battle, the mind tends to lose its balance. It is vital to keep your presence of mind, maintaining your mental powers, whatever the circumstances. Make the mind tougher by exposing it to adversity. Learn to detach yourself from the chaos of the battlefield.

Feng Jiu heard her beloved silky voice whispering to her ear: "My only wish is to live without regrets and fly far away with you. Your arms are my home. You and I as husband and wife as one body, even when the days become chaotic, even if giant waves of terror reach the skies, I will still hold you tightly, not leaving your sight and face death together. In the end I still can't and not willing to let you go. I will stay by your side, so don't leave me or I will follow you even until death. And if so I will find a way to bring you back to my side. Hoping that my lifespan doesn't withers away. I will follow you to savor the aftertaste of your sweet lips full of love, devotion, and longing. I will stay with you my little fox forever and more, I love you."

"Dijun..."

"I'm here my love, please come back to me"

Feng Jiu was dreaming. Her mind took her to a beautiful meadow with all types of flowers. It was a pleasant day. She was laying down on a blanket with her eyes closed enjoying the spring breeze. Feng Jiu honed her senses to hear her surroundings. She was able to hear a faint laugh coming to her direction. "Mama, mama look what I got!" a small child ran towards her with a big fish on his hand, waking her up.

"Sweetheart you did great!"

"Father helped me."

"Did he? Where is your father?"

"He's coming. He wants to catch another fish for dinner. He told me that he wants to cook his specialty dish for great uncles Lian Song and Si Ming. Isn't father generous mama?"

Feng Jiu chuckled when hearing the motivative. "I wonder what did they do to offend Dong Hua." Feng Jiu mentally laughed. "Your father is a good man little one. Let's go and see if he had any successes. Come." Feng Jiu extended her hand to the little one and he showed her where Dong Hua was lying down with a fishing pole on his hand.

"Father, did you catch anything?" The little boy asked Dong Hua

"Check the basket, you will find my catching's"

The little boy uncovered the basket to find two fat carps. "Wow father these are great, my great uncles Lian Song and Si Ming are going to love these. Are you going to teach me how to cook them?" He excitedly asked him.

Dong Hua lips curled to a roguish smile. "Of course, I will son. Lian Song and Si Ming are going to enjoy your cooking. Isn't that right Jiu'er?"

 Isn't that right Jiu'er?"