Chapter 54: Silence is Golden

There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that comes from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence. Speak only when you feel your words are better than silence.

________________________________________________________________________

Morning time at the Western Lands Fox Residence...

Feng Jiu's mother was up early preparing breakfast as usual. After last evening quarrel with Bai Yi, she hoped for hassle-free day. She was thinking about sending an invitation to her daughter to come and visit her to provide another opportunity for her husband to works things out with her on a neutral setting. But then she realized that their guest might witness their tongue-in-cheek. She didn't want to Feng Jiu to get involved with an unnecessary situation. So, she changed her mind about the idea. She continued cooking and when she finished, she served breakfast at their dining room. She instructed her maid to notify Bai Yi and Weng Chan. The maid went to their chambers to inform them about mealtime, but they were already gone. She came back and reported Feng Jiu's mother about it.

"No message about their whereabouts?"

"No, your highness."

"Very well, then. Let me know when they return."

"Yes, your highness."

Feng Jiu's mother ate by herself. She was used to already. In fact, she welcomed separateness. It was her time to meditate, to read or labor on her workshop. She lives a very lonely life, she learned to accept her forlorn fate. The personnel were always pending her needs although she preferred to do stuff herself. It is the fox customs ingrained in their culture and nurture. She is an independent woman.

Bai Yi took Weng Chan on an early morning tour to the western lands. The environment was different from the eastern side. It was less inhabited, and more nature preserved. Their market was smaller than the east lands. The western lands were used mainly for crops. Their supply center was located in the midpoint of their grounds. They were responsible for the food distribution within their districts and regions. On the mountain range they have their silk production which is very well protected since Qing Qui is the main source of the finest silk around. Bai Yi was zealous about the production and exportation of it. Only royal members of the Bai Clan were allowed to the facility. Bai Yi took Weng Chan for him to see how things were handled there. He was one of the few outsider privileged ones to witness the precious production. They had to keep with their exclusive clients supplies demands which were mostly royal members of other clans including the Sky Kingdom.

"No wonder Qing Qui is a prosperous kingdom. I marvel at their labor task force. Everything is done at hand. There is little magic involved. How so?" Weng Chan interested asked.

"Our former monarchs before my father Bai Zhi were enthroned were practicing it, but it was my sister Heavenly Lady Bai Qian who passed it as law. Our current queen didn't change it, but she was able to enhance the practice and create labor stability within our people. No ruler before her had the interest to develop Qing Qui nature resources. Feng Jiu achieved equality extension of our export and import goods to other realms which meant more production and jobs that entailed tasks and processes to develop and implement growth opportunities within and between various in-home organizations. She created a subset of the fields of business, commerce, and organizational industries. Which resulted in long-term value for our organization from customers, markets, and relationships from other realms. We decided to implement these tactics in all of Qing Qui's districts. Including any activity by either a small or large organization, of every possible trade to serves the purpose of 'developing' prosperity to Qing Qui kingdom including arts and tourism. In addition, she personally oversees these activities with the aid of her Lordship husband Dong Hua Dijun. With his experience and her concepts and designs, we as a kingdom gained the sufficient and reputable knowledge to help facilitate future business development partnerships." Bai Yi answered.