✨sixteen✨

✨ "what doesn't kill us gives us something new to write about"

✨ "what doesn't kill us gives us something new to write about" ✨

"She did what?!"

Brynn nods at the phone. "She did. They did."

"That sucks."

"Yeah, and then she has the decency to ask me to help kidnap him. Puh-lease. As if I'd get my Jordans dirty helping her when she stabbed me in the back."  Brynn huffs, picking at her fingernails absently to try and convince Gabi that it wasn't that big of a deal. "But about Damon. . . I knew deep down that he wasn't the one for me."

"Yeah, that's for the best anyway," the brunette on the other side of the phone nods. "Isaiah would be crushed."

"You know, don't tell him this, but I kind of miss him." Brynn admits, letting a tiny sliver of her feelings show.

"He misses you too. That's why we tried to convince you to come home the other night. All he talks about is how he misses your voice, your hugs, giving you forehead kisses. . ."

"Okay, okay." The girls both laugh. "Yeah, well, I have a few more things to deal with and then I should be back."

"Hurry! It isn't fun messing with Davina when you aren't here." At the mention of the young witch, Brynn smiles.

"Tell her I said hi."

"Okay, bye-"

"No! Bebe!"

As soon as Brynn heard the nickname, her heart did a little flip. There's only one person who called her that.

"Hi, Isaiah."

"Hey, gorgeous. I might have possibly overhead a conversation saying you missed me."

Brynn's cheeks heat up. "No, I don't think you did."

"Are you sure?" He asks. "I swear I heard you say-"

"Brynn Mikaelson doesn't miss people, Isaiah. You must've heard wrong."

His beautiful face pops up in the screen, grinning at Brynn.  "I'll pretend to believe that for your sake. In the meantime, I hope there are no boys trying to hit on my girl."

"I'm not your girl."

"We both know that ain't true."

A moment of silence appears between them, and thankfully it wasn't awkward. Brynn smiles in the camera, enjoying the little grin she got back. Only Isaiah could make her smile like that. Isaiah and. . .