✨eleven✨

✨ "but he that dares not to grasp the thorn should never crave the rose"

✨ "but he that dares not to grasp the thorn should never crave the rose" ✨

"Stefan. . ." Brynn looks at her friend, making sure he's okay. But he doesn't respond. Instead, he looks up at Damon with a blank expression on his face that scared even Brynn.

"What are you doing?"

At that voice Brynn's heart immediately jumped, automatically thinking it was Katherine. But no, it's was just little miss Elena.

Stefan moves to turn around, but Brynn can see what Stefan doesn't; the scared look on her face. "Love, Don't-"

But he doesn't listen. Stefan turns to look and the love of his life and when he does, Elena panics. But while she panics, she looks at Damon and Brynn as if it was their fault.

Technically, it was Damon's fault; Brynn was just along for the ride. But looking at Elena, she didn't think that was what's he needed to hear right now, so that's exactly why she said it.

"Way to throw me under the bus." Damon says, sending a small glare at the woman he thinks about all the time. She just shrugs.

"What were you three doing?"

"Uhh, walking the dog?"

Elena looks around. "Really? What dog?"

"Oh, unfortunately Archie is no longer here. He saw one look at your face and ran away."

Damon grabs her arm, loving the way that simple action caused a tremble in her arms. He didn't care about Elenas hissy fit, he cared about who the hell Brynn was talking to before she came and rescued the lady Stefan was feeding off of.

Was it her boyfriend? Just a friend? Someone she feed with? A killing buddy? Who is it?!

"Relax, Elena. Just a little excitement. No need to make this a bigger deal than it is."

"Lena, let's just go." Matt comes out of nowhere, taking Elena by the arm and dragging her away.

"Welp," Brynn looks down at the woman who's slowly getting her energy back. "That was great! Wanna do it again?!"

***

Brynn followed the Salvatores home and when they got there, none of them objected when she flipped her shoes off in the middle of the walkway and flopped down on the couch.

Damon, used to cleaning up after Brynn, picks up her shoes and puts them by the couch she is currently laying on.

Stefan goes and sits in front of the fire place, staring dramatically off into space as if they answer to becoming a vampire is somewhere in the fire.

"How do you do it?"

Brynn looks up. "Huh?"

"How do you not crave blood all of the time? You said you could go days without having it. . . How did you do it?"