✨thirty five✨

"i matured off pain, not age"

  A few days later and Brynn was still in some sort of a funk

A few days later and Brynn was still in some sort of a funk. She didn't know what was wrong with her. Okay, that's a lie; she knew exactly why she was acting so mopey and depressed. . . Damon.

That was the only explanation. Damon had finally given her space and she should've been happy; that's what she asked for, wasn't it? Time away from him?

But now that she got it, she realized it didn't make her problems go away like she thought it would. Instead, it made her sad.

So she needed to get her butt up and do something about it!

And she would, after she went to Rebekah's party.

What? If she wanted to tell Damon how she felt she needed some alcohol in her system, even if it wasn't enough to make her drunk.

She walks towards the closet, opening it and scanning the few dresses she had brought with her. She had been wearing leggings, jeans, and t-shirts since she came here, but she went shopping for the occasion of Rebekah's party.

It would be nice to dress up, even if it is just for herself. She didn't need a reason to look like a badass bitch, did she?

She smiles as she runs her fingers over the silky fabric of her black dress. Even though she adored the color black, she felt as if she needed something more. . . Vibrant. She wasn't going to a funeral, she was going to a high school party.

Her next option was a pair of blue ripped jeans with a dark red blouse. Sure, it wasn't the sweet and innocent look Brynn usually went for, but it looked nice; it hugged her curves, showing off not only her hourglass figure, but the legs that seemed to go on for miles and miles. The blouse hugged her chest just enough for people to get a small peek, but leaving enough to keep them wondering.

And the shoes. . . Oh, the shoes were the best part. She smiles as she bends down and grabs her black and white Jordan's. It doesn't matter where she was going as long she had her Jordan's on.

Gabi, who prefers heels to sneakers, calls it an addiction. Sure, it might be. But is it hurting anybody? No, Brynn didn't think so.

She slips them on, grabbing her phone and exiting the house. Since she knew Rebekah preferred cheap booze over the real thing, Brynn went to the closest liquor store and grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels.

What? She needed something strong enough to give her the courage to tell Damon that she missed him. She was sure a couple glasses of Mr. Daniels will do the trick.