✨forty nine✨

✨ "sorry is not enough. Sometimes you actually have to change." ✨

Life is supposed to be amazing

Life is supposed to be amazing. You're supposed to grow up, make memories, find friends who understand you, maintain a stable relationship with your family, and, you know, find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Brynn found that. She had it in the palms of her hands; even after slaughtering countless families and going on notorious killing springs with Niklaus, she still managed to find someone who loved her for who she was. Or so she thought.

But of course, as time moves on, people evolve. They change. And some times not for the better.

Maybe now she can get her closure. Maybe now that she knows how Drew feels, she can move on.

Oh, who is she kidding, Drew might as well have repeatedly stabbed her in the heart with a knife. It hurt. Bad.

But she had gotten what she came for: the truth.

She found out what happened to him and how he feels about her. That's what she wanted, isn't it?

She couldn't believe those brothers actually managed to trick her. She wasn't a fool; she knew that when it came to Drew - especially back then- that her mind and actions were clearly biased. She could never think straight when he was involved; when she saw his body, she panicked and displayed characteristics that were nothing like the person she became in Westwood.

She didn't wait to see if he got up. She didn't stay and bury his body. She went straight to that house and before any of those brothers could even breathe, she slaughtered them and hung their organs on their tree like ornaments. Then she left.

And like then, she is leaving again. But this time, she's saying goodbye.

After leaving the diner she went to the nearby hospital and snuck her a blood bag, heading back to Drew's house afterwards.

She knew she had a good fifteen minutes before he came home; she saw him head to the same hospital on her way back.

Fifteen minutes was all she got, but maybe it'll be worth it.

She sighs, knocking on the door. But before her knuckles could tap the wood, the door flings open. Brynn's eyes widen.

"Sorry." Sam smiles sheepishly. "I saw you coming up and couldn't help myself. Come in!"

She hesitates. She didn't know if Drew had changed the lease and taken her name off, but to her surprise, he didn't. She steps in, looking around.

It did make sense. Technically the place was hers first; Drew just moved in with her. But the house was already paid. . . Well, she compelled for it to be given to them for free, same thing.

"I remember you." Brynn looks up at her. "I mean, barley. But I remember Andrew coming around with a blonde when I was little. . . That was you, wasn't it?"