✨thirty✨

START OF SEASON FOUR

"People don't abandon people they love. They abandon people they were using"

Stefan and Damon had gone to take a break from babysitting Elena

Stefan and Damon had gone to take a break from babysitting Elena. They were up for the past few days making sure she was okay, and they haven't moved since. It wasn't healthy and frankly, Brynn didn't think Elena would want to be surrounded by two smelly vampires when she woke up; but then again, Brynn barely knew the girl.

"Stefan?"

Brynn sits up from her spot on the window. "Uhh, sorry to disappoint. It's Brynn."

"Brynn." Elena tried to sit up. She was struggling but Brynn wasn't touchy feely so she let her take her time.

"Where's Stefan and Damon?"

"They haven't left your side until about thirty minutes ago. I figured when you woke up you wouldn't want to smell a horrible case of BO."

Elena grabs her head, no doubt massaging her temples. "What happened?"

"Uhhh. . . It's best Stefan and Damon tell you. I wasn't there for all of it."

"All of it? What are you-"

"Elena!" The door to her bedroom bangs open and Stefan steps inside. He releases a sigh of relief as he makes his way over to his girlfriend, grabbing her hand and rubbing soothing circles on her palm.

Brynn was watching the brunette, prepared to kick Stefan out if he overwhelmed her. She of all people knew how it was when you are smothered with sympathy when you didn't want it.

She didn't know a lot about Elena, but she gathered that she didn't want people to pity her. But just because she wanted them to stop doesn't mean they will. Especially when it comes to Stefan.

She sees Elenas eyes widen, and she already knew what was coming; she hoped that Damon wasn't here, because he would only make the situation worse.

"Matt. . . Is he-"

"Alive?" Brynn squeezes her eyes shut. She jinxed it. She totally jinxed it. "Ask Stefan. The hero."

She turns around seeing Damon leaning against the doorframe. "Damon-"

"He's fine." Stefan interrupts her, looking back at her and tilting his head slightly towards his brother.

She knew what he was trying to say: get Damon the hell out of here before he causes a scene.

Sure, Brynn believed she had a little influence over Damon, but she felt bad kicking him out, even though she knew he should go.

She steps closer to Damon, so that if she needs to get them out of there quick, it wouldn't be a problem. Damon notices her, subtly taking her hand and intertwining it with his.