✨fifty-six✨

✨ "sleep isn't just sleep anymore; it's an escape." ✨

"I do recall telling you to not do anything stupid, didn't I?" This time the teasing wasn't in her voice

"I do recall telling you to not do anything stupid, didn't I?" This time the teasing wasn't in her voice. "Damon, I am sick and tired of you creating situations that I will have to help fix."

"I know."

"And you know damn well my history with Katherine, so why in the bloody hell would you think it's a good idea to invite her here?"

"We needed a way to evoke emotions out of Elena."

"So you went to Katherine."

"Brynn, this isn't your fight. As you've said, we've gotten you to help us a lot recently, and this is the last thing you need."

"Damon. . . Ugh, you are so infuriating!"

Brynn wants to grab him by the hair and knock his head into the wall until she restarted a few of those floating brain cells wandering around in his head. The worst part was, Damon wasn't stupid. He just did  stupid things.

"Well, well, well." Oh God. "Are we having a lovers quarrel? Now, Damon, don't tell me you've made my friend here upset."

"Katherine." Brynn mutters, her accent enunciating each syllable, making Katherine smile, which only made the original even more agitated.

"Oh, come on, Braylen. I thought we had a truce. You know, after you let me go."

"We'll never have a truce."

"Please, we all know you have a soft spot for me." Katherine smirks as she goes over and grabs a glass, pouring an obnoxiously large amount of Damon's bourbon. "Whether you like it or not, we are best friends, Brynny."

"Not are. Were, darling. Past tense."

"Whatever you want to believe." She takes a long sip of her drink. "You know, I always thought Damon had a thing for brunettes. . ." She twirls a piece of her brown hair around her finger.

Damon scoffs, while Brynn doesn't react. She was used to Katherines teasing and taunting, she just wasn't used to it being directed at her. They used to do the taunting together. . . Not anymore.

But honestly. . . Katherine wasn't her main focus right now. Right now, she was focused on her idiotic boyfriend; if she had the energy, she would verbally fight with him until she no longer had the strength to speak. Unfortunately, there has been so much going on lately that Brynn hasn't even had time to think.

Maybe this was a wake up call. If she stayed in Mystic Falls, life would be like this all the time. Always saving Elena, always cleaning up everyone's messes, always-

"You've figured it out, haven't you?"

Brynn mentally shakes her head, forcing herself to be present. When she doesn't respond, Katherine keeps going.