✨ twenty two ✨

"you wake up every morning to fight the same demons that left you so tired the night before, and that, my love, is bravery"

✨ "you wake up every morning to fight the same demons that left you so tired the night before, and that, my love, is bravery" ✨

Nik: mothers dead

That was all the text said. No explanation why or how it happened, just two words that held more power than Brynn knew possible.

She didn't understand the weird feeling she got in her heart. She didn't understand why her breathing had quickened to the point where she was gasping for breath. She was outside of the motel room, looking around at the faint lights around her; besides that, it was pitch black.

It was like the world was closing in on her. The blackness was engulfing her, terrifying her so much that she felt a salty liquid splat on her lip.

Tears. Her tears.

She couldn't go back in the motel room; she heard Damon and Elena talking and the last thing she wanted was to listen to their declarations of love.

So she walked a few doors down and now she wished she hadn't.

She wished someone, anyone, would come and help her to her feet because she was collapsing. She falls on her knees, wanting to release a cry of both pain and anger at her mother.

Of course she was going to mourn her death; no matter how cruel or twisted her mother was, she still gave birth to Brynn and she couldn't forget that.

She managed to loose both Finn and Esther in the span of three days, and she didn't know how she was supposed to handle it all.

She never should've came back. She should be in New Orleans right now with Gabi, Isaiah, Davina, and Marcel; not here, trying to find out who turned Mary Porter.

All of her emotions were slamming into her at full speed. She didn't have time to mourn her brother or her mother. The world didn't stop just because someone Brynn loved had died. Everything kept going. Including the godawful situation she was in.

She wiped her tears away with her sleeve, trying her hardest to calm her breathing down.

She grabs her phone, dialing the one person she knew would be there for her. Sage.

Voicemail.

She called again.

This time someone picked up. She lets out a smile mixed with a sob. "Sage! Thank God you answered, I-"

"Brynn?" She pauses. That wasn't Sage's voice; that was Stefan Salvatores.

"Why do you have Sages phone? Is she okay? What happened?!" Brynn's mind was running with possibilities as to why Sage hadn't answered. And why would Sage be with Stefan? She had just saw the love of her life die right in front of her eyes. There was no way she was voluntarily with Stefan. "Stefan, answer me! Where is Sage?!"